Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Totally random lymph node pain- anyone else have this?  (Read 101 times)

Offline skleep

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Totally random lymph node pain- anyone else have this?
« on: June 26, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
It seems like I have a sore lymph node under my left armpit which appeared suddenly this morning.  I dont have a visible lump and I Need to dig REALLY dip into my armpit to find the area that hurts.  It doesn't hurt if I'm just sitting down normally, it only hurts if I do certain things or press up against my armpit in a specific way.

I think it's a lymph node, because when I push down I feel this movable soft thing that hurts but it could also be a muscle- I can't figure it out.  I haven't had a cold or any infection recently!  I'm afraid it could be cancer but I feel like lymph node pain wouldn't come on so randomly and suddenly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Totally random lymph node pain- anyone else have this?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
If its a lymph node that is soft and movable, and its causing some pain, its likely responding to an infection. That's what they do. It would be a lot harder if it was something worrysome.

It might also be a muscle or a lot of other things. I couldn't say for sure. But I do know one thing: If you keep jabbing at it, its gonna keep hurting, no matter what it is. That's definitely gonna cause swelling and pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChangingArranging

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Totally random lymph node pain- anyone else have this?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
Yup.  I had a bunch of my lymph nodes swell up and hurt, both continuously and randomly, a few years back.  The doctors didn't find anything, but every day I felt them and they weren't getting any smaller.  Then I read that just the act of palpating them once a day will keep them inflamed.  I made myself stop touching them, and within a month they were all back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: