Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: has anyones anxiety been so bad you had to quit your job  (Read 152 times)

Offline Kenzie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
has anyones anxiety been so bad you had to quit your job
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
 I have decided well both me and my boyfriend have decided it would be best for me to quit my job to work on babysteps to get myself better, my anxiety has sent me through the roof that even going to work iv had panic attacks, i am a hostess so its not hard to find another job when i need to and my boyfriend has a really good job but does anyone else suffer like this where they cant go to work or leave the house the people at my job are constatly rude and i feel judged becasue of the way i am at work im so panicky and even my manager has seen it, i plan on going to therapy and talking to them till i feel confindent again to get out there and work and be around lots of people, i feel like a loser but at the same time its for my well being.. thoughts??? and i know i just have to get up and get out there and do things but as far as work goes i just cant i constanly have butterflies in my chest while on my way to work and when i get there i get a panic attack most of the time.. thoughts anyone??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pink Cat

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: has anyones anxiety been so bad you had to quit your job
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
If it wasn't for the fact that I have to hide my issues from my parents I would have quit school to get help by now too.  I've stayed home and played sick because I was up till my alarm went off freaking out and I would only have gotten like a half hour of sleep.  I'm ashamed to say I drove to school when I shouldn't have because I was so tired, but I couldn't stay home because my parents would be suspicious.  I had some family life type class my freshman year of college 'cause that's what the councilor recommended taking and it turned out to be a nightmare.  I'm scared out of my mind of being pregnant and anything to do with it and of course... that topic was covered for about 3 weeks or more.  It would have saved me a lot of pain to have been able to quit and get help instead of making myself worse and worrying about having a panic attack or something in class.  Staying in that class and my plant science class did me a lot of harm and made me a lot worse than I already was. 

It sounds like quitting your job for the time being and working things out at your own pace is a good idea.  I wish I could have taken a break from school; I still wish I could. 
Bookmark and Share
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and spiders.

Offline Lenny79

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
Yes I just handed in my notice yesterday but for a number of reasons . The work wasn't difficult or stressful but the people I worked for contributed to my anxiety . I could do a days work no problem but I felt like I was dieing inside during the day . Just to make things clear I havnt been officially diagnosed with anxiety but I expect to be when I finish up work and see a doctor . Mine stemmed from the death of my father which is only beginning to throw up issues a year later . Yes leave the job if it's causing you anxiety . I should have left mine a long time ago . I might have been in a better place mentally if I had of . I got some good advice from a family member recently " you'll never go hungry , you'll always have a roof over your head , you'll always have us to look out for you " . As long as you have support in place everything else will be fine , don't worry bout money . Look after yourself :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
its such a scary thing :/ have you tried telling them about it pink cat? i fell like no one understands the servility of it its a scary thing i talked to my boss as well he told me he loves having me work there and if i feel better in a couple of weeks to give them a call and he will let me come back to work so i feel happy about that im glad they understand
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pink Cat

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
I haven't told them anything recently.  I tried to tell them about my fear of death and stuff when I was like 10 and that resulted in my mother telling her friends about it which I was furious about.  My issues aren't some soap opera you can gossip about.  I don't like them, to put it simply.  lol  I don't want to be close to them and spill my guts to them.  It's more complicated than just that, but that's a big part of it. 

It's great that they are understanding about you taking a break. :)
Bookmark and Share
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and spiders.

Offline Kenzie

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
thats on of my biggest fears ever pinkcat and also thinking about my dad dying (even tho hes not and is in good health) i completely understand
how you feel idk why death scares me so much but it does no matter how hard i put it out of my brain
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD help