Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.  (Read 378 times)

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »
Smalm

I can absolutely assure you that you do not have rabies. How do I know this well I have had the exact same thought process you are having and let me tell you it is draining and a totally vicious cycle. For years every time I had a bite a scratch I had the exact same thoughts you are having including counting down days till what the experts say are the incubation period for the disease convinced I had it and my anxiety would produce panic attacks on the what I called zero day the day after the incubation period ended. I went to the ER called the CDC the Health dept any one for reassurance. I called the bat conservation in Texas and spoke to an expert this was after my husband had left open a window open for a month and I didn't know it since a blind covered it. Well what I was told is even if you are a heavy sleeper a bat is noisy flapping around and when it bites you do feel it. This expert had been bitten numerous times and said it hurt. Secondly a bat is afraid of humans all they want is a bug so unless you provoke a bat it is not after you and unless you touch a dead bat that is lying on the ground with a cut and get salivia it is impossible to get rabies this has been going on for 20 years and I am still alive after all that. I suggest you contact Bat Conservation you can google it and speak to an expert who handles and is familiar with their habits. Every now and then I still get that doubt but I just use self talk about what the expert said and it becomes manageable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
So totallyphobic you are saying that they would'nt swoop down and take a bite if rabid? For then why do they bite people sleeping with no sort of making the bat mad? My anxiety returned on this after I stood up and felt very lightheaded... Damn anxiety. I am getting a headache and this makes my anxiety worse... I realy hope the no pain thing is true, than how do people go withbites un-noticed? i really am trying to keep my cool, as long as I don't have a headache and as long as my pupils arn't dialated then I'm sane. Sorry I hate my anxiety and am still not convinced that I'm rabies free.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »
My whole leg is getting the chills or feeling cold and my ankle hurts when I walk sometimes, I really am still scared and need to know why so many bites go un-noticed and If it's a possibility that they would bite you without you making them angry? Like them swooping down and biting you and then flying away. my throat feels off, my stomach feels off, and my whole leg feels off.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline blakebeck94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
If it were rabies, you wouldn't be typing right now and you'd probably be lying on your death bed in the hospital. There's only a few days between the first symptoms and death. Chills are very common with anxiety, and I get them on my legs and even on the right side of my face. You're fine! Rabies is very, very, very rare anyway. Only one or two cases a year in the entire United States.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Blackbeck94, there is actually up to a week of weird sensation at the site of the bite... Tingling, numbness, or other odd sensations. I do take notice that this is affecting the both of my feet <if I'm not just imagining the other one>. :dazed: As for the cold feeling I only notice it when I'm inside so it might be from the house temprature or me sitting around for it is summertime  :happy0151:! I do think that I'm going to take a magnesuim bath that's warm to see if this is a circulation problem, if it's not then the air might be too cold but the only thing that makes me think this is rabies is that I can feel it on my foot no matter where it is in position and the other foot I can only feel it if it's up, not down... This is also happening with my hand... I don't know what's going on anymore  :traurig001: I just feel it spreading up my legs which is scary... May be the room or may be my death bed.  :traurig001: That's why I was wondering if a bat would just swoop down and bite me for I heard they like body heat. I just really don't know why my feet are acting out <one more than the other, left is less, right is more>. just put me out of my misery.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »
Smalm

listen to me I have been there done that. A rabid bat is sick and dying they have no interest in just biting and taking off and just to let you know if a bat got into your room you would know it as it will keep flying around looking for a way out or you would see it possibly on your floor. As for your leg it is the worst of anxiety or more commonly a panic attack that won't stop. I was sitting at my mother in laws about 21 years ago when this started out side and saw a bat flying around and suddenly I felt a pain like something bit me on my ankle but nothing was there I swore it had to be a bat. Well two weeks later around the time symptoms would have started I had the same sensations in my leg and ankle you are describing and it didn't help that at that time a 12 year old girl from upstate NY died of rabies the first in the state in 50 something years. I went to the ER, my doctors and they all told me is was impossible that what I was suffering was a panic attack and believe me I would get them at least 5 time a day. Well 21 years later I am still here and armed with knowledge regarding bats and their behavior. Smalm you appear to be quite young and I urge you to talk to your parents or someone you trust about getting therapy to help you there is nothing to be ashamed of and this phobia is horrible I know but you will benefit from it I have been in therapy since my own battle with this phobia started and sometimes even I have a step back but this site help and I hope my posts on this subject is giving something back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
So totallyphobic, you're saying this weird foot and leg thing is from anxiety or sitting around on the couch so much... i can see that... i didn't take a bath yet to see if my foot heat flashes would go away. about theraphy I've been there in theraphy and my window of happiness is theraphy for then I have to go home to chores, homework, etc... Theraphy helped but the funny thing was that I always talked about people that pissed me off for me being pissed off, stressed out, sad, or otherwise unhappy seems to make me have anxiety. The only reason my parents are no help is that they have it stuck in their heads that my anxiety is hormonal, and guess what it's not for I FEAR symptoms that are anxiety produced, or if my brain tries to override my body like in this case of my anxiety being foul. Theraphy made me relize that possibly what brought on my anxiety was being so close to death myself and having a loved one die when I was at a young age... To tell you the truth my appetitie and stomach have been feeling off ever since I saw a picture of myself and my brother for we were preemies and the way we looked horrified me, for I wasn't white, I was blood red in color and very small. The other thing that has left me hating and angry every time I see a red head, this one in particular is my dad's ex for she lived with us for 11 years and I remember the screaming at me, fights between them, and blaming me for things that i wouldn't do at all like eat half a jalf a thing of cottage cheese... i hate cottage cheese so much!  :sick0002: I really think the hidden reason Ihave anxiety and a low snapping point for my anger is that they would yell at me and not at all take in my point of view, I would be left unspoken for when it came to views... heck I was trying to explain why I didn't take Benedryl and I said it was my anxiety for my dad told me to for aspider bite and tome anything that comes out of a normal persons mouth is BS for they're not in the medical feild, and guess what his girlfriend said to me? She said "Stop with the sob story" I could have punched out her teeth right there for she does not know at ALL and has NO right to day that to a person with severe sometimes to the point of self harm health anxiety and anger on general for the 99% that don't understand me. everyone on here is the 1% for we deal with this daily. I wish my anxiety would go away but it's years of supressed anger, stress, and to why it's health anxiety is the fact that I was so close to death and loosed a loved one, or two. I remember pne time I had a face condition, Bells Palsy if I remember correctly and that was the start of my hate and general anxiety... when the ex moved out and the new girlfriend moved in that was the window of time when this anxiety started... Becausebeing alone to sort my thoughts a lot of them still start with "I hate..." I want to kill..." Sorry for this long reply I hope you even remotely know where I'mcoming from, for at home since I'm around people or have to think of them coming home and the solid hatred I have towards them makes my anxiety never ending, it's a cycle to be repeated over and over again, people are the reason Igot this way with supressed hate, etc. As the problem childof the house I hated everybody and when I decided tobe nice these dark feelings followed. it's not hormonal, it's years of hatred, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
I am messaging you I don't want to post what I have to say but I do get it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »
Definitely not rabies.

however, the feelings you are feeling in your legs are definitely anxiety ABOUT rabies.

I see bats here all the time. Too busy chasing mosquitoes. Even if you touched a bat, you can't get rabies. Not all bats carry rabies.

Bats or any animal with rabies do not act normal.

Please be assured of what everyone is telling you. No rabies.

But the feelings in your legs are real. Real anxiety from worrying that you have rabies. The body plays tricks on people like us with anxiety. Anxiety is trying to trick you. You're fine. Really.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: