Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.  (Read 377 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Is it not rabies? Please tell me.
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »
I am sitting here and my legs have a hot feeling and my right foot has a tingling feeling, all of this is spreading fast. I am also feeling little muscle pain in my right lower leg. For the last weekI've been feeling weird. I am scared that this is the end of me. there was a part on my ankle yesterday that was itching and now that has gone away but this hot feeling is spreading, no air in here that is making this happen for it would be felt on my arms too. I was outside about a month ago , or about three weeks ago and I was outside with a poncho, long pants, shoes, and an extra layer of coverage on my body (shirts of my dad's). I was only outside for about an hour and a half and I also have seen nobats on the island at my new place but bats are there. My ankles might ofnbeen exposed because I got some bug bites there, no other punctures I could see, for I looked there yesterday night after it started to itch (my ankle). iam really scared that this is the end today and that I will die soon. Pleasereassure me for the start of my fear was about a week ago (June 17th) when I went to the doctors and they told me I had a low grade feverand my tonsils were swollen with a viral infection, they're still a little big and still look off, like a little too big to be normal.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it not rabies? Please tell me.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »
It is not rabies... :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »
it wasn't rabies 3wks ago and it STILL isn't rabies.

you don't have rabies
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lars Thorwald

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
Bats are usually busy chasing flying insects and shy away from humans. Try to relax... you're fine.
Bookmark and Share
"For days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off." --Johnny Carson

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
Are you sure? Than what would cause this weird leg thing that's spreading? I looked it up and my county had found one rabid bat on 2011 and 2012. i really am scared for my legshave never been feeling like this, if I can still drink waterby theend of the day, much less swallow I will be suprised. Sorry I am so scared, what makes you think that it's not rabies? I really am freeking out, I'm going to go on a walk and try to calm down.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
What makes us think so ? Well, maybe it is that there were tons of people scared that they have rabies, and let me count how many of them had rabies, exactly zero, that is why, enjoy life a have a virtual hug :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Instead of me telling you why it isn't rabies, consider all the reasons you have to think that it IS rabies:

Have you been bitten and/or scratched by a suspected carrier?

No, not that you know of.

And... that's it. That is what they look for when considering whether you might have rabies. You say that you might have been bitten or scratched and simply not know about it, but that is extremely flaky evidence to base your conviction on. I might have gotten injected with the AIDS virus while walking in a crowd, which could explain that sudden stinging sensation I had in my leg. I might have been bombarded by GAMMA radiation when I worked at a lab. I might have inhaled asbestos in my elementary school. But I have no reason to think these things are at all likely, let alone certain. And you have no real reason to suspect that you have been infected with rabies other than your fear that you might have been without knowing it.

The leg symptoms aren't a cause for concern because what you describe is not typical of rabies infection, but it is pretty typical of anxiety sufferers, which you already know you are. New anxiety-caused symptoms are always cropping up for me; I've come to expect them as normal. They distress me for a while until I come to terms with them, and then they fade into the background. I'm sure this is what your leg symptoms are. I'm even more sure that they are not caused by rabies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »
Toasted Butter that is true, but many bites are bites that people don't know about in the case of a rabid bat. Many people tell me that it would have been making a noise but trust me I'm a HEAVY SLEEPER, you could pinch my feet and I would still be sleeping soundly. Sleeping was exactly what I was doing outside, also my throat feels weird, what it is I can't rule out for my anxiety causes weird throatfeelings like a choking feeling. Toasted Butter the few factors that make me feel as if I might have been bitten are: My weird leg and foot feelings (heat flashes and tingling of the foot), itching at the ankle, being OUTSIDE in the night/day (about midnight), bats are seen on the island on which I live, rabies has been reported from the county, my DEEP sleeping, and the knowing tat my ankles may have not been fully covered. I have had health anxiety about this for two years, and oh yeah another reason, my side and back have hurt, and also I've been feeling crawling on my arms and legs, alsoheat flashes, and last but not least the leg muscle twitches have sometimes involved more of the muscle. I do have allergies and anxiety but I KNOW that my allergies wouldn't be causing this.  :sick0002: Also my tounge sometimes feels tingly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »
Ineedtosmile thanks for the kind internet hug  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
The only reason a bat would bite you while you're sleeping is if it were a vampire bat, and those only live in Central-South America. Also, if one of them had bitten you, you would know it because their bites don't stop bleeding. I can appreciate that there are extremely rare case where someone was defensively bitten or incidentally scratched by a rabid bat and infected without knowing about it, but in these cases the people were in close proximity to bats, such as working on a bridge or spelunking. Not hiking or sleeping. Bats don't hang out in the shrubbery to scratch your ankles, and unless they are vampire bats they don't go around biting people at night either. And even if it may be remotely possible for you to get bitten or scratched under certain circumstances without knowing it, that still doesn't mean that you have any actual reason to suspect that it happened any more than you have reason to think that you might have gotten ebola from someone you brushed against on the street without knowing it.

Tightness in the throat is an incredibly common symptom of anxiety, and especially so considering that you have tonsillitis/allergies. I think your worrying is making your symptoms worse. I have absolutely no reservations whatsoever in saying that there is absolutely no chance at all that you have rabies.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »
Toasted Butter that is true, but many bites are bites that people don't know about in the case of a rabid bat. Many people tell me that it would have been making a noise but trust me I'm a HEAVY SLEEPER, you could pinch my feet and I would still be sleeping soundly. Sleeping was exactly what I was doing outside, also my throat feels weird, what it is I can't rule out for my anxiety causes weird throatfeelings like a choking feeling. Toasted Butter the few factors that make me feel as if I might have been bitten are: My weird leg feelings, itching at the ankle, being OUTSIDE in the night/day (about midnight), bats are seen on the island on which I live, rabies has been reported from the county, my DEEP sleeping, and the knowing tat my ankles may have not been fully covered. I have had health anxiety about this for two years, and oh yeah another reason, my side and back have hurt, and also I've been feeling crawling on my arms and legs, alsoheat flashes, and last but not least the leg muscle twitches have been getting bigger. I do have allergies and anxiety but I KNOW that my allergies wouldn't be causing this.  :sick0002:

you still don't have rabies.

of course your arguments that you do have rabies is being filtered through rampantly irrational fear of this disease.  so any sensation or scratch or itch or ____ you find on your body is going to fit into your fear thoughts. 

so in two weeks or so when you still haven't succumbed to rabies, you will slowly come out of the fear.  then next time you are outside at night or next time a window is open over the summer, you anxious thinking will ONCE again drag you around like a rag doll.

How do I know this?  I have, in the last 5 yrs on this site, seen 50+ people as determined as you to "have" rabies.  AND exactly ZERO ever have.  They've made the same anxiety ridden arguments that you are making

Yes, I know your response will be something about rabid bats in your area in the last year or two.  so what?  there has been rapid raccoons reported within 15 miles of my house already this year.  We had a raccoon in our yard around 10am one morning.   We have bats fly around our house nightly searching for bugs.  My kids have camped out side with friends. 

Honey, truthfully this is your anxiety talking nothing more nothing less.  Now you can continue trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but you are simply going to wear yourself out trying...........  AND in the end you still won't have rabies
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
Toasted Butter,Does this mean that you think I still have a chance of possibly having rabies since you said:

Tightness in the throat is an incredibly common symptom of anxiety, and especially so considering that you have tonsillitis/allergies. I think your worrying is making your symptoms worse. I have absolutely no reservations whatsoever in saying that there is absolutely no chance at all that you have rabies.
[/quote]  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »
No, what I meant was that I think there is zero chance that you have rabies. None at all. I would bet my house on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »
Toasted Butter, I see where you are going with this for awhile ago I had a headache which I thought was "rabies" when in fact it was from dehydration. I was FULLY covered too, except for a few bug bites (I thought one of them was a bat but my dad told me that he had the same thing as well on his arm), I do think a little lack of sleep is the reason for some of my fatigue. Also I think the foot tingling and heat is from having it under presure (or compression from pressing it on a peice of metal on the leg rest. also the cold air is settled near the ground so that may be the feeling I'm having with my feet and my hands if I put them down near the ground. The only reasonI am questioning this foot thing is that it still feels heat flashy (both my feet).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
You might just have poor circulation in your feet. You might try taking a warm bath and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: