Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Someone please respond!!!  (Read 137 times)

Offline Braley

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please respond!!!
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
I've had anxiety all my life. I have been prescribed Benzos for 11 years. I ended up going into treatment to help get off of the Xanax. I really wish I had never went into treatment. I just thought I had a problem, but the only thing I realized is
that I REALLY do have a social anxiety disorder and me not being on anything for it is down right paralyzing. I hate living this way! The only time I feel comfortable enough to leave my house is if I'm taking a benzo. Otherwise, I'm in panic mode until I get back home. What's even worse is my 16 year old daughter is starting to be the same way. I feel like I have done this to her. I just want to get it under control.

When I got out of treatment I went to my family dr and somehow she knew I was in treatment. I think I had told the treatment center my dr name so maybe that's how she knew. She even said before I left her office "now if I query you, don't let me find out you getting them from somewhere else" So that's why I am so worried. Does that mean I will get in trouble for going to another dr? I'm not dr shopping. I just want to start fresh with a new dr. I'm just so paranoid that all drs are going to know I was in treatment now. Am I just being paranoid?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please respond!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:31:23 PM »
Hi Braley...

As I mentioned to you in your introductory post, one of the best things you should consider doing for your self at this point, is to see a psychiatrist, as they are medical doctors so they can diagnose you, prescribe medication, and set-up a treatment plan for you.  With your history, which includes being on a benzodiazepine for 11 years, an anti-depressant would be the drug of choice for you to be on.  Doctors are getting more and more reluctant to prescribe benzodiazepines for any length of time.

I also suggest that you look into therapy, with cognitive behavioral therapy being the therapy of choice for panic disorder with or without agoraphobia.

Seeking the appropriate treatment can so help you and your daughter too.

The very best to you, Braley!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please respond!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
I don't know where you're from but the US is cracking down on over prescribing. She's right don't bounce from Dr.to.Dr it looks suspicious even if that wasnt your attention. Ask her to refer you to a psychologist who can better prescribe the meds you may need for a mental disorder. Oh and dont bounce around at.different pharmacies. My brother got red flagged.because his wife was stealing his prescriptions and going to various.pharmacies. he had to pay for her addiction. Now almost 10 years later and its nearly impossible for him to get the meds he truly needs. Earn your doctors trust and do everything by the book and you should be fine. And about your daughter. Tell her happy stories about growing up and the freedoms and adventures that come with it. Don't let her give into the fears. As I'm sure you know that's where it starts. Parents can give a child courage to do almost anything with positive talks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: