Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Texting  (Read 271 times)

Offline Egg

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Texting
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
Does anyone else find that the constant use of our arms and hands feeds your anxiety, say when texting or typing?  I have been spending time, unfortunately, focusing on how my hands work when texting and typing...and have noticed that my thumbs often do not move smoothly.  The movements are jerky, and the more I try to control or think about it, it seems to get worse.  My husband says its totally normal and that his do it too but he just doesn't give a crap about it.

Yes, I do this too.  I already am hyperaware of my hands and fingers; texting, iPad, all those devices where my fingers are positioned over a glowing screen make me very aware of every hitch, twitch, etc.

After 18 months of self-testing and other nonsense, I deliberately ignore it now.

As you probably know, having a family member who is ill is prime HA fodder. I know it's really affected me, too -- in fact, I never had HA before. I hate being so preoccupied with my own health (which by all accounts is fine) when others are suffering actual physical illnesses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline renschwartz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Texting
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
That's true -- the more others around are sick (which is going to happen more as my parents are in their 70's), it seems to fuel the fire.  Instead of feeling blessed that they have lived such long and productive lives (and still are), I let the worry cross my mind.

Glad I am not the only one though who is hypersensitive about every hand movement especially on these devices!  I have started to not ignore it, but just accept it and move on.  Sometimes the rush of panic with it occurs simulataneously with it, but I just have to float my way through that...baby steps. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: