Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like a heart attack?  (Read 110 times)

Offline melissas080

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does this sound like a heart attack?
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
Hi there. I am 33 years old...for the last hour or so I have been getting a sharp pain towards the right side of chest near my breast. It lasts about 5-6 seconds then fades, comes back every 4-5 mins, sometimes longer or shorter. I am in the midst of panic and pacing thinking this is a heart attack. Please help? Does this sound like i need to rush to the ER. I have three small children i would have to take with me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like a heart attack?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »
I'm not a doctor or a nurse, and if you asked a doctor or a nurse they would tell you to get it looked at right away because that's what they will always say when there is any sort of chest pain involved. They have to for liability reasons. However, there are very many reasons why people feel chest pain and they are usually caused by something simple, like tension in the muscles, or muscles getting pinched in the ribs, or a pinched nerve in your shoulder or something like that. What you are describing sounds very much like muscle tension to me; have you tried relaxation techniques and massaging the area? If the pain is worse when you press on it, then it's almost certainly muscular-skeletal. If it doesn't, then it may or may not be muscular-skeletal. If massaging it helps, then it' a safe bet you are not having heart problems. Heart attack pain is described so many different ways that it's pretty much impossible to diagnose even the likelihood that this is the problem based on someone's description of their pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Get it checked out, but from my research, on websites that are considered reliable, heart attack pains usually aren't like that, they are sometimes described like a felling of elephant sitting on your chest, and they are not usually localized, they usually radiate to the back and to the arms... I dont think it sounds like a heart attack.
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline melissas080

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
Thanks guys for the reply,  it has slowed down a bit....not dead yet, so i guess we will see. I probably wont sleep tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
Sounds muscular or GI related. I have had similar pains and have assumed they are GI related.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: