Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like a loser :(  (Read 150 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel like a loser :(
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
I feel like a total loser right now. This HA is consuming my life. I am so depressed too. I feel like a lousy mom.... my mind is not where it should be.... I lost my job 6 weeks ago and staying home with the kids I think it's making my HA worse.... also I should be cleaning, cooking, etc and instead I am here in the forum worrying all day....I used to be such a happy person, I used to do yoga be a vegetarian, and feel well in general... now I am a mess, I have gained weight, I am depressed, I worry about lupus and other horrible diseases and I am so overwhelmed with my life in general.

Does anyone feel the same way???? I started lexapro 3.5 weeks ago and even though my anxiety is a tiny bit better I am still suffering.... and I am so depressed.   :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like a loser :(
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
You're definitely not a loser.  It's anxiety that is making you think you are but you just got to tell yourself you're not.  I know right now I'm worried and stressed feeling like I have ms or something as my shin muscles feel like they are being ripped from the bone, and I'm at work so I can't do anything to sit down and try and take a breather and relax, but you got to just keep plugging along. Why don't you rest an hr or so and then try to accomplish one thing you want to do today.  Then if you have the strength start accomplishing the 2 nd thing.  I would make a bucket list of things you want to do and do one at a time at a pace you are comfortable with.  I hope you feel better soon! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:57:33 PM »
Yeah you're not a loser. Like me, you're unemployed and that's difficult, especially for people who have a high EQ.  For whatever reason - we channel any/all anxiety into HA. 

I was always ashamed (and still sometimes) about being a hypochondriac.  But then something funny happened and changed my whole outlook.. And please don't laugh..  The movie 'Bandits'.  Billy Bob Thortons character is a hypochondriac and at one point in the movie he tells a lady that basically he's ok with his condition because as he puts it "I would rather feel too much, than too little".  Since then, I've learned to think about my depression, anxiety and whatnot much differently.  We have big hearts, big imaginations, interesting stories..  We just channel all that power to HA and it become viscous.  We just need to learn how to balance it.  Having anxiety isn't necessarily a bad thing. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
Yeah you're not a loser. Like me, you're unemployed and that's difficult, especially for people who have a high EQ.  For whatever reason - we channel any/all anxiety into HA. 

I was always ashamed (and still sometimes) about being a hypochondriac.  But then something funny happened and changed my whole outlook.. And please don't laugh..  The movie 'Bandits'.  Billy Bob Thortons character is a hypochondriac and at one point in the movie he tells a lady that basically he's ok with his condition because as he puts it "I would rather feel too much, than too little".  Since then, I've learned to think about my depression, anxiety and whatnot much differently.  We have big hearts, big imaginations, interesting stories..  We just channel all that power to HA and it become viscous.  We just need to learn how to balance it.  Having anxiety isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks! Thanks! that's a good way to look at it!!!! ****sigh**** I know the power is within us and we can change our outlook in life if we really work on it. I have a lot of work to do.... can't waste my life any longer. but I don't know how to handle all these symptoms.... my hands numbness is getting worse... and my feet tingle.... I don't know what's going on it's super scary :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »
You're definitely not a loser.  It's anxiety that is making you think you are but you just got to tell yourself you're not.  I know right now I'm worried and stressed feeling like I have ms or something as my shin muscles feel like they are being ripped from the bone, and I'm at work so I can't do anything to sit down and try and take a breather and relax, but you got to just keep plugging along. Why don't you rest an hr or so and then try to accomplish one thing you want to do today.  Then if you have the strength start accomplishing the 2 nd thing.  I would make a bucket list of things you want to do and do one at a time at a pace you are comfortable with.  I hope you feel better soon! :)

That's a great advise. thanks. I replied to your other post. Like you I am dealing with numbness and tingling. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 03:45:13 PM »
Leah2013 - yes you have a lot work to do but just know this - you can make HUGE progress really quickly so keep optimistic and for every good day you have pay yourself on the back.  With certain discoveries and certain changes - you could be a whole new, happy, healthy, and much less worry free in matter of days and weeks..  I know it's tough for a lot of people (including me) but therapy has helped me tremendously and QUICKLY too!  In 3 weeks I am feeling so... Normal..  What we a re dealing with is hard stuff and sometimes we just need a little extra help and somebody to tell our story to.. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »
Leah2013 - yes you have a lot work to do but just know this - you can make HUGE progress really quickly so keep optimistic and for every good day you have pay yourself on the back.  With certain discoveries and certain changes - you could be a whole new, happy, healthy, and much less worry free in matter of days and weeks..  I know it's tough for a lot of people (including me) but therapy has helped me tremendously and QUICKLY too!  In 3 weeks I am feeling so... Normal..  What we a re dealing with is hard stuff and sometimes we just need a little extra help and somebody to tell our story to..

Yes I thought about doing therapy, but how do I tell my husband that I need therapy??? i will need time away from the kids, so I need to get a sitter to go there.... I don't know if I can do it..... but I do want to try it.....
in the mean time what bothers me the most are my physical symptoms, body aches, tingling/numbness.... I am so afraid of having a terrible disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
Does your husband know how much you worry about these health things?  Perhaps you can just tell him you're tired of worrying all the time and would like to seek professional guidance so you can be happier?

I can't answer your question on how you tell him you would like to go.  For me, my wife made me go..  And we don't have kids.  I feel for you. 

In the meantime just keep visiting this site..  Change your patterns.  Replace googling symptoms with taking a few deep breaths and then login into this site to vent a little. 

Maybe start small and make a promise to yourself that for just 1 day you'll NOT google symptoms, and for that same day you'll take a deep breath each time you have a worry, and for that same day you'll not look at your arm if it tingles, etc.  Just replace everything you might usually do if you had a symptom with something else a little more simple and friendly to your heart and soul.  I dare you to try it for just one whole day!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: