Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ME AGAIN!!! AAHHHH  (Read 99 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ME AGAIN!!! AAHHHH
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:34 AM »
So I just need to know...if anyone has experienced this.

I smoke (in the middle of trying to cut down and quit eventually). Anyhow. I've had a pretty moderate to sever sore throat. Both ears are also killing me. One thing in particular is making me scared. There is a pea sized spot randomly on the left side of my throat that hurts and just feels like a "sensation" thats there.

I went to the ER and the Dr. said it's viral and "unlikely cancer". These symptoms have been going on for 2 weeks and not much helps. (cold slush, throat drops and ib profen help very little).

I have an appt on 7/2 with my gp and an appt on 7/3 with my ent. But im sooooo scared I'm going to get bad news such as throat cancer!!!!!! Can someone please relate>! and help relax my mind?  :fragend005: and just tell me what symptoms you have had, how long did they/it last etc.  Thanks for being supportive and helpful ahead of time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ME AGAIN!!! AAHHHH
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
Also...i have had a hard time swallowing food lately... IT COULD be part of the virus and my throat being swelled and irritated- ---- and I KNOW its' not globus...i know the difference- ive never an issue with food. now i do. im sooo scared about a tumor in my throat. i just wish i could run into my ent and demand a throat scope now!!!!!! i dont want to be in panic mode until july 3rd.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »
I experienced something similar no too long ago.  I worried like crazy too.  The Dr told me the same thing he told you, which was it was highly unlikely it was anything to worry about.  Turns out it was nothing more than a sore throat.

Try an e-cig in meantime and I bet you'll see a noticeable difference (healing) before you even get to your ENT.  Also, gargle with salt water or listerine and try some couch drops that have zinc and echinacea.

Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
Yes, i have been using sore throat drops, tea, viatemins, cold ice cream etc. I just don't like the duration of these symptoms. so what exact symptoms have u experienced? and did they take a long time to go away? and now the swallowing thing is REALLY freaking me out
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »
Well I've had a couple different times when I've had problems.  Once I had puss like pocket on side of my throat and it hurt.  It was viral.  It was also accompanied by ear infections.  It took a week before I went to see somebody and then about 2 weeks to recover.  I probably didn't help matters by poking it with things like the end of a toothbrush or q-tip... 

Just a few weeks ago I noticed a tonsil which was pea sized on one side.  Went to dr and he said it's probably always been that big and I've just never noticed.  He didn't seem concerned one but.  Of course I questioned whether he even saw what I was talking about.  It's still there but not hurting right now so I don't worry about.

One time I coughed and sneezed at the same time and think I like sprained my throat hangie thing and my throat totally got infected with all kinds of spots.  Dr gave me some antibiotics and it took a couple of weeks to totally recover.

Remember, if your dr thought it was something serious he would have sent you to emergency. 

Throats are really sensitive areas so just be good to it starting now.  Nice warm teas, no scratchy foods, make sure to brush couple of times a day and use gargles.. Rest and relax as best you can so you don't stress away the energy that should be spent making your throat feel better..

All easier said than done..  But just hang in there..

Bookmark and Share

Tags: