Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to the forum but worried about symptoms I am having. Anyone have this simil  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety is getting the best of you. No googling, try to occupy your mind, stop obsessing with the pains or it won't leave. I know, harder than anything to do. You have to force yourself to try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
I used to get numb arms/hands all the time. At the same time. Made me crazy but that was before I was diagnosed with anxiety....

the leg thing- shin splints? I get them even when I'm not running or walking.

The arm thing turned out to be anxiety. I no longer get those symptoms.

However, when I' m tense? I will get shin splints....that sharp, tight pain in the calves that feels like I ran a marathon without training!!! I find that a good soak in the tub gets rid of the shin splints quicker.
Remember, when we're tense we seem to tense our entire bodies. Some people get neck pain, shoulder pain, etc.

I call it "tense-o-metrics". I have good muscle tone from all of this anxiety.  :action-smiley-065:

if you don't feel like soaking in a tub ...take a shower and if you have a hand held shower head, you can concentrate the massage feature onto your calves. It will work wonders.

Another things for nerve pain or any pain? Topricin cream. It's not menthol or anything, no smell. All natural and...not sticky and won't stain. Put it on dry, clean skin ....it works for all kinds of pain, it's been around for years. I only found out about it 8 months ago. It's great stuff. Amazon has the best price for it. I even use it for headache. Just a little bit on my forehead.

Good luck to you.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety is getting the best of you. No googling, try to occupy your mind, stop obsessing with the pains or it won't leave. I know, harder than anything to do. You have to force yourself to try.

Yes you are probably right!  I'm sorry just so scared that this might be  MS and I REALLLLLLY don't want MS.  But I can't see realistically having one hand go numb/tingle, then the hand and wrist cramp up so bad I couldn't use them to eat or drive for 2 weeks or so, and to have it go into the left arm as well.  Now this past week I have shin splint like pain, jolts of pain in various spots like my testicle, my right thigh, in my shins/ legs, and occasionally in my arms.  This leads me to think its a disease and not anxiety.  I also have some jolts of pain in individual fingers at times, plus itchyness and prickly feelings in the arms at time.  Mostly when I go ina  cold store or ac.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I used to get numb arms/hands all the time. At the same time. Made me crazy but that was before I was diagnosed with anxiety....

the leg thing- shin splints? I get them even when I'm not running or walking.

The arm thing turned out to be anxiety. I no longer get those symptoms.

However, when I' m tense? I will get shin splints....that sharp, tight pain in the calves that feels like I ran a marathon without training!!! I find that a good soak in the tub gets rid of the shin splints quicker.
Remember, when we're tense we seem to tense our entire bodies. Some people get neck pain, shoulder pain, etc.

I call it "tense-o-metrics". I have good muscle tone from all of this anxiety.  :action-smiley-065:

if you don't feel like soaking in a tub ...take a shower and if you have a hand held shower head, you can concentrate the massage feature onto your calves. It will work wonders.

Another things for nerve pain or any pain? Topricin cream. It's not menthol or anything, no smell. All natural and...not sticky and won't stain. Put it on dry, clean skin ....it works for all kinds of pain, it's been around for years. I only found out about it 8 months ago. It's great stuff. Amazon has the best price for it. I even use it for headache. Just a little bit on my forehead.

Good luck to you.  :spineyes:

I might try that cream, thanks!  I just don't know if this is really due to anxiety or if I do have MS and I fear that big time!  I wouldn't want to live if I have that disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
You're going to love that cream.

I honestly don't believe you have MS at all.

Our bodies become so hyper aware of any little change that when something feels good...we miss it!

It's all about retraining the brain. Some of us have become conditioned to thinking the worst that it becomes a nasty habit......

We doubt every thing we feel...and only believe the worst of what we think ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I mean why would I have the burning and prickly nerve sensations if it was anxiety?  Usually that means nerves are damaged, or at least in my mind it does.  I just want to be normal again like I was a month ago.  It's so hard to believe I have all these symptoms within a month / month a half.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
I mean why would I have the burning and prickly nerve sensations if it was anxiety?  Usually that means nerves are damaged, or at least in my mind it does.  I just want to be normal again like I was a month ago.  It's so hard to believe I have all these symptoms within a month / month a half.

Because when we're anxious, the chemical in our blood changes, hence, the feeling of nerve sensations ...burning ...numbness. I learned this years ago from a very good doctor who understood anxiety.

Think of it: when we're cold, our hands feel...cold. When we're hot, they feel hot.

Now, when we're anxious ...some of us get cold hands even in 100 degree heat. Others get hot hands in 20 degrees of cold.

It's the anxiety mind trick.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member

Because when we're anxious, the chemical in our blood changes, hence, the feeling of nerve sensations ...burning ...numbness. I learned this years ago from a very good doctor who understood anxiety.

Think of it: when we're cold, our hands feel...cold. When we're hot, they feel hot.

Now, when we're anxious ...some of us get cold hands even in 100 degree heat. Others get hot hands in 20 degrees of cold.

It's the anxiety mind trick.  :action-smiley-065:

That's a good way of looking at it! =)

But then how come I started off with pain in my wrist and hand that mimicked carpel tunnel.  It even throbbed in the palm of my hand where carpel tunnel usually hurts in most people.  I didn't even google carpel tunnel at that time so i didn't know the symptoms till after the doctor went over it with me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I now have a dull pain in my left lower back that seems to run to my leg.....but its not a nerve pain or doesn't feel like it anyway.  It doesn't feel like a sciatic nerve or anything like that.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You would be surprised. I've had hundreds of symptoms at different times but usually the same ones everyday. Numbness and tingling very easily, shortness of breath, dizziness when standing or fainting, muscle aches and pains, sharp numbing pains, burning pains, testicle prostate pains, stomach pains and weirdness lol. Worse when hungry or anxious. You will notice when you are having a great time or occupying your mind most symptoms subside. Yes it sucks and I'm going crazy and it's horrific. I'm trying to manage. Look for six pack on here, she has great advice. I was like you, always in disbelief of anxiety. It make you doubt yourself, and makes you believe you have an illness. Get yourself checked thoroughly, when you get diagnosed healthy, time to work on your mental health. If, I'm right lol. Hope the best for you, hang in there. We are all in this together. It feels like the end sometimes but we keep on trucking.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Take something to calm your nerves, then soak in a warm bath. Tell yourself you are ok and those symptoms are not even lethal lol. See if anything subsides. If it does then focus on that positive and build on it. There is no easy cure. Reassurance on here does not help long term. I'm working on it too
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You would be surprised. I've had hundreds of symptoms at different times but usually the same ones everyday. Numbness and tingling very easily, shortness of breath, dizziness when standing or fainting, muscle aches and pains, sharp numbing pains, burning pains, testicle prostate pains, stomach pains and weirdness lol. Worse when hungry or anxious. You will notice when you are having a great time or occupying your mind most symptoms subside. Yes it sucks and I'm going crazy and it's horrific. I'm trying to manage. Look for six pack on here, she has great advice. I was like you, always in disbelief of anxiety. It make you doubt yourself, and makes you believe you have an illness. Get yourself checked thoroughly, when you get diagnosed healthy, time to work on your mental health. If, I'm right lol. Hope the best for you, hang in there. We are all in this together. It feels like the end sometimes but we keep on trucking.

Wow I never knew it could do that much.  YEa the tingling and numbness subsided a week or so ago, and I only had one day where I woke up with it in my right hand since it stopped initially.  I  know I still have a slight tremor in my ring and pinky fingers on both hands which is what was making me think it was MS besides the numbness/tingling, nerve pain etc.  But yea I am sure hoping its just anxiety as I want to get myself back to what I was.  I might try and see a shrink or something.  Yes we are in  this together = )
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Take something to calm your nerves, then soak in a warm bath. Tell yourself you are ok and those symptoms are not even lethal lol. See if anything subsides. If it does then focus on that positive and build on it. There is no easy cure. Reassurance on here does not help long term. I'm working on it too

I just took my Amitrypline 25mg and a hot shower.  I feel the  jolts of pain still every so often and now got some tingling in the left side of my face just below the eye running to my cheek.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yea it can be really tough at first. See a doctor but rest assured I suffered bad in the beginning. Even if it was ms, you won't drop dead now lol. It's manageable. Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I hope its not MS though, as that progresses and I know I don't want that at all! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: