Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fake it until you make it  (Read 708 times)

Offline dbirm77

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: fake it until you make it
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
I completely agree with this methodology. Like all other techniques, this takes a great deal of time and practice. Any technique that promotes living life outwardly instead of getting caught in your own head, is good advice. It doesn't mean that you should try to ignore your anxiety, it means get back to living your life...with anxiety if need be. Just don't allow anxiety to stop you from doing anything. I can't tell how often I suffered through basic tasks like going food shopping but after a while a crazy thing begin to build confidence. Then life slowly becomes a little easier.
Bookmark and Share
Expect.....anxiety to come.
Accept.....anxiety and all it's sensations.
Ask.........anxiety for more!

Rinse and repeat!

Offline never quit

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: fake it until you make it
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
I agree completely with previous post.

I've been searching for the "source" of my anxiety since 1996. There are a lot of things about my life that I think have led to it, but most of the time, it comes up with no apparent cause or reason. Like NOW for instance.

If I curl up and check out, it just gets worse. So today I got a haircut, groceries, watered the plants... just kept moving through it. I'm going to go cut the grass next. Then a support group meeting and probably a workout. I'm a big believer in exposure therapy. It builds confidence. Mostly.

At the same time, I also firmly believe in feeling it, like another poster said. Don't fight it, roll with it. Easier said than done, right? And those lifestyle things... I've had too much caffeine today, not too smart. Coming off Abilify which is making me fat, could be a factor.

Right, about chemicals... my anxiety is caused mostly by some screwup in my nervous system, so I know I need meds, probably forever. I try to separate that. I keep trying different combinations. Latuda is the next. Main thing for me is to not lose hope. For every crappy day, there's good days. There's nothing wrong with working on a positive attitude. Rather difficult for me at the moment, however!
Bookmark and Share