Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sensations,sensations,sensation......anxiety of something else?  (Read 306 times)

Offline painfully_confused

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For years Ive suffered from many strangle bodily and visual sensations,many of which I guess could be attributed to being hypersensitive due to severe anxiety. Looking for some insight
Visual Snow? Most noticeable when looking at a solid color(like a sheet of white paper) and in the dark, I see semi transparent circles of different sizes and many with the hint of blue and red
Flashing lights and spider webs- this is one of the reasons I have such a hard time sleeping.When I close my eyes I see flashing lights, spiderwebs,and other shapes moving through the dark. Similar to what you see it you gently push on your closed eyelids
Visual blur-I get this alot when Im tired, or feel depersonalized. Its like when youre drunk and you look around, and it takes a moment for your eyes to catch up to your brain. Almost like everything moves to fast
Eyes wont focus together-Happens when I look through a chain link fence etc. One eye sees the fence and the other whats on the other side
Seeing people and faces-Whenever I see something in a peripheral vision, a sudden glimpse that most people would ignore, I automatically think its a person. Also far away poles and such for some reason always register in my brain as a person standing in the distance. I tend to see faces in alot of things. Like patterns on the floor,crumpled blankets,the snow etc. When I point them out to other people, they will see them too. I just dont understand why my mind picks up on them. Im not exactly looking for them. I should add Ive never had a conversation with anything Ive seen...lol
Sudden ringing in one ear-Not like tinnitus, its sudden, very loud,deafening, makes me wince and lose my balance.
Sudden falling sensation/being pulled backward etc-I will randomly feel like the floor has fallen out from beneath me or someone has pulled me backward
Brain zaps-Im sure many of you are familiar with these,the best way Ive heard them described is. Youre stopped at a red light,staring straight ahead, the guy next to you rolls backward, just a little, and you get the feeling like you are moving backward, you grit your teeth,tighten your grip on the wheel and push the brake a little harder.as you are startled.
Bouncing brain and marshmellow feet- This is constant,causes me much discomfort and probably the leading cause of my anxiety.When I walk, it feels like my body and brain are slightly out of sink. My brains bounces slightly and my feet sink a little into the floor. It feels like, if you turn your head quickly,your brain goes just a little further than your head and takes a second to readjust
Questioning reality,thinking strange thoughts etc-Causes me to get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and wince and grunt,and grab for something as I bring myself back to reality. Similar to a brain zap but brought on by these disturbing thoughts.
Convincing myself I feel something Just an example......if I imagine the world suddenly shifts upside down, I can get the feeling and fear as if it actually does.....its very disturbing.
Leg bubbling-When I lay down to sleep or relax my legs feel like there are bubbles moving inside of the
I also have very vivid dreams and have had a few "out of body experiences" and slept walked/night terrors as a child

Im sure theres more, and will update.
I should add that many if not all of these sensations have come and gone throughout my life,they are only prevalent in times of extreme anxiety or distress.
My eyes are ok, I do wear glasses,mainly by choice. I require a very minimal corrective lens,but one eye is slightly worse and my vision is bad at night
Ive seen an ENT, and had scans on my sinuses and all came back fine.
Ive passed most of these by my physc, and he doesnt seem to be to disturbed by them
I grew up in a abusive household, and lived my life in constant fear and isolation, I remember using my imagination to see and feel things as a way to escape how bad and boring my childhood was.
 My first sensation, was the feeling that my hands,tongue and feet were swelling and were ridiculously huge. I was very young, and was very disturbed by this sensation. They would cause me to take panic attacks when I was too young to know what it was
Anybody else suffer from anything similar to these sensations and disturbances or am I just nuts? :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sensations,sensations,sensation......anxiety of something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »
Anyone?
My mother has been the voice of reason when it comes to the above post.She thinks I have an overactive imagination and over analyze everything to death. She believes most of what I mentioned are things,"Normal" people also experience but dont notice or pass it off as no big deal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iradiri

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
I can't help much, but I just want to say that I've experienced ALL of the sensations you described. I just chalk them up to being anxiety symptoms (or me being crazy). I'm honestly glad someone else experiences these things. Beyond that, I can't offer much advice. I constantly worry about these things myself. ("Oh God, what if I have a brain tumor? What if I'm going crazy? What if weird sensations become the entirety of what I can experience? What if, what if...")
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »
just in hearing that someone else also experiences these sensations makes me feel a whole lot better.
I think we need to chalk it up as an overactive,oversensitive imagination. Being anxious all the time,leads our minds to subconsciously search for things that make us feel worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iradiri

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
Yep, very true. Anxiety has a way of making you feel like everything you're experiencing is something terrible. Every time I feel a weird sensation, my brain is telling me that no human has ever experienced what I'm experiencing, and it means reality is breaking down. Or that I'm dying, or going crazy, or have something horribly wrong with me. Anything that will make me terrified, pretty much.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: