Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Absolutely convinced I have a brain tumor.  (Read 177 times)

Offline Syrena18

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Absolutely convinced I have a brain tumor.
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I started getting bad headaches. I am used to getting tension headaches usually after work but this is a lot different. 2 weeks I babysat a 7 month old and the parents did not tell me that he was sick until I figured it out for myself when he puked on me. Well that week I got a bit sick with a sore throat. It passed in a day or two, but then all of a sudden I got a horrible migraine or what I thought it was. I have gotten a headache like that before 2 years ago so I assume it is a migraine. It went away after a day but I was left with an ache at the right top of my head. That ache is extremely annoying and it feels almost like an itch. It's very dull! Another thing, I've been falling asleep just fine but out of nowhere the past few days I've been waking up with a throbbing burning feeling in my head on both sides at around 4 in the morning. I've used ice packs to numb the pain to avoid any more medication. Now I've had slight nasal drip and my ear has been feeling funny and sore. Also, at time the pain from the top of the head moves to my eye and feels like there is pressure there. Now I don't even know if this is a sinus problem or something else? I've been taking a lot of medication for headaches and I recently started using Mucinex to see if it is a sinus problem. I can definitely feel nasal drip and cough.

Where does anxiety come into this? Well, the only thing that is on my mind is brain tumor, brain tumor. Now it has been fueled even more because I've been waking up with headaches... also, because it is on one side only. I have slight depression because of this. I am constantly upset and crying just thinking about the disease. I don't know what to do or how to relax :( I know I have anxiety and I know I stress. Stress is definitely a part of my life especially with work and school. This semester I was the most stressed I've ever been with school.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hopeful77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Absolutely convinced I have a brain tumor.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »
Hi Syrena.  I know how awful obsessing over something like this can be.  I can't tell you how much time I have wasted worrying that I am going blind or that I had some other disease, so I know where you are coming from.  I also get migraines quite frequently, so I have come to know the many strange things they can do.  The pain is normally one sided and can move as you described.  My head can continue to be tender for some days after the migraine is over.  If the problems continues, it would be a good idea to see a doctor.  If nothing else, it would hopefully ease your mind.  Maybe it is a sinus infection or something that can be easily treated.  It's better to get it checked out than "what if..." yourself into misery.  I speak from experience.  I hope the pain goes away for you soon.
Bookmark and Share
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

Offline Syrena18

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Absolutely convinced I have a brain tumor.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
Hi Syrena.  I know how awful obsessing over something like this can be.  I can't tell you how much time I have wasted worrying that I am going blind or that I had some other disease, so I know where you are coming from.  I also get migraines quite frequently, so I have come to know the many strange things they can do.  The pain is normally one sided and can move as you described.  My head can continue to be tender for some days after the migraine is over.  If the problems continues, it would be a good idea to see a doctor.  If nothing else, it would hopefully ease your mind.  Maybe it is a sinus infection or something that can be easily treated.  It's better to get it checked out than "what if..." yourself into misery.  I speak from experience.  I hope the pain goes away for you soon.

Thank you for replying. The pain on my right side isn't as prominent as it was a few days ago. Although I find it funny because if I focus on that part of the head and really think about it, it begins to hurt again (anxiety?). My right eye also feels really funny the past two days. It doesn't hurt, just feels like a bit of pressure.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: