Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this anxiety? Please help!!  (Read 148 times)

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this anxiety? Please help!!
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »
It's like all of a sudden I realize that I'm alive, and I feel almost inhuman. I feel so overwhelmed at the fact that I am alive, and I feel super conscious about my existence. I feel very self aware, and it's almost like I don't WANT to continue living. It's like I was asleep all my life and I'm finally waking up and realizing I'm alive and I don't WANT to continue on. And I feel overwhelmed because I know that I have the rest of my life to deal with this.

Then I start worrying about this, and ect. ect.

This is the root of my problem.

Please.. Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline LO87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this anxiety? Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Anxiety makes you very much more aware of things and yourself, which commonly leads to existential thoughts. Everyone has them, but for anxiety sufferers it's more magnified. Try not to be afraid of having these thoughts--that's all they are. Try turning your response around, welcome them rather than pushing them away. Having a bring it on attitude and seeing that it's not as scary as you think when you face it head on can really help you feel more in control and less afraid of the consequences you imagine the symptoms or thoughts will have. Hope this has helped, I had them for a while too and they are very scary but they passed after practicing this technique :) you need to put your focus on external things too. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline 59Ballons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »
Also, is one of the panic attack symptoms feeling extremely trapped and hopeless and you can't stand living? I also get nauseous and I start sweating. It sucks because I don't feel like I belong on earth and I'm not human... But that's crazy because I AM A HUMAN! I don't think about any of these things when I'm distracted, and I feel completely normal, but then I start thinking about life and how I have anxiety, and then I don't feel human and I feel scared because that's what I am, and I'm afraid that I'm going crazy. I hate it so much because it's so weird... I mean, not wanting to live life, and hating the fact that you are human, and feeling trapped my my body?! I must be like a demon or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ralphster8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »
you answered your own question,  " I don't think about any of these things when I'm distracted, and I feel completely normal " stay distracted . anxiety feeds off of when your just alone. anxiety can mask " self doubt as well "  your not alone. you thinking about these things makes you sane because you question them. If you really were a  " demon " then you wouldnt of worried about it in the first place.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bodhi

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »
It is anxiety which is defined as "a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease" so it sounds like what you have. Google TEA Forms and CBT Thinking Errors.

Use TEA forms and dig deep into the exact thoughts that make you feel in human, analyze them based on CBT thinking errors, and then check the facts to come up with a more balanced thought.

For instance:

Anxiety thought: I don't feel human because I don't know what being human is supposed to feel like and I should because I am human. I am so hyper aware of myself and no one else seems to be. So because of that I must be crazy or there must be something wrong with me

CBT Thinking Error: Jumping to Conclusions, catastrophic thinking, Extreme Thinking

Balanced Thought: Philosophers, monks, saints and every day people have debated over the true nature of being human since time began. No one really knows the true answers. I will do more reading on various religions and philosophies and come to my own conclusions.

I went through this same exact thing and spent a couple of years reading to find that the religion I was born in covers the basics, so I just stick with those basic beliefs to keep it simple.

Also, I found the ultimate way to to keep myself distracted: find several positive mantras (prayers from the religion of you birth for instance, or a thought from a leading philosopher if you are an atheist)

Then every day increase the amount of time you say them in your head, say them, sing them, chant them to yourself, write them, read them. This can keep me constantly distracted. Google spiritual science chanting the name of God which is where I learned it.

Bookmark and Share
Buddhism 5 Minute Introduction: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/5minbud.htm

Offline 59Ballons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »
Thank you both. I was kidding about being a demon by the way.

The extreme self-realization is a form of Depersonalization I believe. All of this started when I questioned life and why we are here and the meaning of it all, etc. etc.
I continued to think too deeply... And it lead to that strange inhuman feeling. And now the generalized anxiety and Depersonalization all team up and it's bad. But yes, it doesn't bother me at all when I'm distracted, and looking at it now, I literally have NOTHING to worry about. I'm not sick, I'm not in trouble, or anything, I'm just overthinking everything. I'll try the TEA charts :)

Thank you both :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
I think I've already said it on here before, but having existential thoughts or obsessing over them isn't the same thing as depersonalisation. Depersonalisation is a state in which you physically (and I mean really quite tangibly) do not feel part of your body or in real life. Things feel like a dream or fake--your vision changes. It's very frightening and feels very much like an altered perception of everything. It also only happens in very extreme anxiety, like panic attack or traumatic event. True depersonalisation is quite extreme--I think people with anxiety quite often confuse internalising and obsessing over sensations or thoughts with depersonalisation. Over thinking something to the point where it becomes unnatural is very different. I'd say most anxiety sufferers do this, whereas only a handful with very bad anxiety or panic disorder experience true depersonalisation.
Bookmark and Share