Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad dreams that wake me from little sleep  (Read 294 times)

Offline Drea0626

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bad dreams that wake me from little sleep
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:20:42 AM »
My sleep is so out if control and I sleep maybe 2-3 hours a night. When I do sleep I have horrible bad dreams that will wake me up screaming and crying. I was diagnosed with ptsd and it tends to come up in my sleep. I'll have nightmares  of when I was molested or that I'm being rapids a horrible feeling that I will scream and feel like I can't wake myself up sometimes till later in the dream..I'm currently on Zoloft for depression and anxiety could this med have any affect on my sleep or reams?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad dreams that wake me from little sleep
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:52:20 AM »
We can dream of our fears. The reason your dreams are so vivid is the lack of sleep you are getting. We need to dream. The average person might sleep for 6 to 8 hours. The dreams can be spaced out during those hours. You are sleeping for less time. Probably stop / start sort of sleep. Dreams tend to happen as we drift off to sleep and when we are awakening. Especially the more vivid dreams. So if your sleep is broken sleep you would have a lot more of these dreams. They are just your fears playing out as you sleep.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline heather2b

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad dreams that wake me from little sleep
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »
I somewhat not comforted by just our fears playing out. I have enough trouble at times in my waking life, I just want to sleep and escape, but when the fears follow you to sleep it's exhausting when you wake up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: