Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma fears  (Read 217 times)

Offline snunn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma fears
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:46:54 AM »
So ever since September I have been freaking out that I have lymphoma. I noticed a lymph node in my neck that I hadn't felt before when I was at the ER back in September. I mentioned it to her and she didn't seem worried and said come back if it is bigger or still there after about 2 months. WELL, I never ended up going back to her but have proceeded to going to my school doctor a million times. I got blood tests and they never seemed concerned. However, I was always upset after leaving and never feeling reassured. Always thinking that they aren't taking me seriously. I was always touching it and began to notice 2 others right next to it. They are still here 8 months later, but recently my worry is getting out of hand. I noticed some more on the right side of my neck too. I constantly take my temp. I have been feeling nauseous on and off for the past 4 months and have recently been having some digestive upset and abdominal pain. My neck and back have been aching, I read itchiness is a symptom too and my head and foot is always itchy. I am also scared about weight loss so everytime I go to the doc I freak out if I am a few pounds thinner. my anxiety has been pretty intense. I don't know what to do. It seems like I'll never feel better until I have tests like an ultrasound, catscan or biopsy but I don't want to have to get those either since I'm scared it could be cancer and doctors don't even want me to get those either because they don't think it's necessary and it will fuel my health anxiety. However, all these symptoms adding up are freaking me out! Any ideas? 

Am I craZy here to think these things?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Parkerms515

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »
Hi Snunn,

I'm going through something very similar right now and feel very worried. I also think the only way I will relax is to get a CT scan or ultra sound, even though my doctor didn't seem very concerned. You may be creating the other symptoms with your worries though; itching is a common anxiety symptom. Mine gets worse the more anxious I am, and subsides as I relax. Keep me posted on what you decide to do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline snunn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
Thanks so much for replying. I ended up getting an ultrasound on some of the lymph nodes. They said that it just looked like multple lymph nodes that didnt have any worrisome features and of course, it didnt help me too much. My mind started saying that of course ultrasounds dont show whats inside the lymph node like a biopsy would so obviously i would need a biopsy to really know. HOwever, drs never though i needed one and if they were willing too, i was too scared to. I never win pretty much haha. My latest freak out is about Leukemia after some out of range CBC results. =( I hope that you are doing ok with your HA.

Bookmark and Share