Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone had no reaction to klonopin?  (Read 982 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone had no reaction to klonopin?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 12:47:41 AM »
Stevo, I had taken klon about 5 years ago and I definitely felt the calming and de-stressing after 30 minutes.
I'm gonna trust that my doc and I just have to find the right therapeutic dose.  I'm at 1 mg.

I guess Klon is not an adjust to an antidepressant necessarily.  I've take prozac and lithium for bipolar for years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 02:07:01 AM »
Stevo, I had taken klon about 5 years ago and I definitely felt the calming and de-stressing after 30 minutes

The placebo effect is truly a wondrous thing, as can be faulty memory. It is very unlikely that Klonopin will have a significant effect in only 30 minutes. It takes that about that long just to begin entering the bloodstream.

Is your anxiety under control at your current dose? If yes, they you do not need to take more.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
Just reading over people's experiences with Klon, they report relief in 30-60 minutes.  It's certainly
a lot faster than when I waited for prozac to kick in.

I would say my anxiety is under control.  But I still sometimes have a sense of dread.  Or a sense of
being less engaged with people, less sense of humor.  I wonder if that is a result or anxiety or depression.
Sometimes the two are hard to tell apart.

I do also take prozac and lithium for bipolar 2.  Have taken it successfully for 20 years.  I wonder if the prozac
needs to be switched out.  Will talk to pdoc if the klonopin doesn't work.  Though I have a feeling the klonopin will work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Frotob

• Rec's: 3
  • I gots the anxiety
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
It'd be kinda important to distinguish between anxiety and depression in this case - klonopin isn't likely to do much for depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
I would say my anxiety is under control.  But I still sometimes have a sense of dread.  Or a sense of
being less engaged with people, less sense of humor.  I wonder if that is a result or anxiety or depression.

It sounds like depression. Klonopin is more likely to aggravate than ease this.

I do also take prozac and lithium for bipolar 2.  Have taken it successfully for 20 years.  I wonder if the prozac needs to be switched out.

Unless you're already taking the recommended maximum 60mg/day (some are on much more) the easiest option would be to increase the dose. This is as likely to resolve the issues as switching to another antidepressant and provide faster results.

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »
I'm on 40 mg prozac.  I'll see how the klon goes in a few weeks. I seem to feel better this weekend.
Later I'll see what the pdoc recommends.  Thanks for everyone's input.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 02:27:24 AM »
Okay, coming to the end of the second week on Vitamin K (klonopin). Dose of 1 mg. I think I'm feeling the evenness. There is very little anxiety, dread or depression. One good sign is that I'm excited about revising my novel again. That's always a good sign. Today, I swam with a friend, saw my old pal Leepika from the anxiety meetup group, and had a buddhist planning meeting at my house. I take .5 mg in the am and .5 in the pm.

Sometimes I walk down the street and the weather is so perfect, I can't even sense it.  It's not hot, not cold, there's no breeze.
Maybe that's what recovery feels like.  No anxiety, dread, or depression.  You aren't even aware of those things.
Instead you walk through the world with your mind on bigger things. Things that are exciting and fun and just a little bit amazing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Boo.

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:36 PM »
Klonopin knocks me on my butt. LOL.

I take half-pills when I need them now and they help me sleep but that's about it. I don't notice it doing anything for my anxiety, really.
Bookmark and Share
"Just keep swimming..."

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 02:40:44 AM »
Well, good news.  After two weeks on klonopin, my GAD and depression have lessened greatly.
I feel much more myself most of the time.  My free time used to stress me out.  Now I use my free time
to work on projects that are important to me.  I still need to focus more and get more accomplished, but
gone are the lost hours of watching CNN and surfing the net.  I'm using my leisure time better
and connecting more with friends.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
Just thought I'd add my two cents: I take ativan (as needed not daily. It amounts to 2-3 0.5 mg tablets per week typically) and even though ativan has a quicker kick-in than klonopin my experience is similar to yours. I wouldn't say it makes me "mellow" or even relaxed. It doesn't make me "feel' any way at all, it just settles down the level of anxiety. I actually prefer it this way personally, as there is substance abuse in my family history so it's something of a relief that it doesn't affect me differently
Bookmark and Share

Tags: