Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lump disappearing? (PLEASE READ)  (Read 168 times)

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lump disappearing? (PLEASE READ)
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
I didn't want to post this because I was planning on seeing my dr on Saturday to go over EVERYTHING I've been feeling the last 3 months. I've been through hell with this anxiety for a few months and I'm running a bit ragged. About 8 weeks ago I was having a serious fear of lymphoma and I had a super itchy spot on my leg. I noticed that there happed to be a small lump on my thigh where it was itchy. I was really too concerned about other things to focus on the lump. So the weeks went by and I found it again last weekend. It didn't change at all but it still being there concerned me, so I decided to ask dr. Google (bad idea) and of course it's telling me I have bone cancer or a soft tissue sarcoma. Of course minor things came up too but my mind focused only on the bad. My anxiety has been super high (about 8/10) this past week and hit it's peak today. I could not stop focusing on this stupid lump. I just wanted it to go away. It was still there this morning, same size as usual, but when I got home from work I decided I needed to relax and take a shower and try to get my mind off of it. About half an hour after taking a shower, I gave in and felt my thigh. What do you know? The lump seems to be disappearing! It's barely even there! And the muscle feels totally normal. I'm just confused about it, like was the lump even there in the first place, or was it just my imagination exaggerating something that was totally normal? Or maybe I had an allergic reaction to something because it started out as an itch, but why would it be there for 8 weeks. The stupid thing is though, now I'm getting anxious over the fact that it seems to be going away. Idk what it was or why it's going away and it's alarming to me. Anyone else ever have something like his happen? Just a strange lump that just disappears on it's own?
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump disappearing? (PLEASE READ)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:03 AM »
It could have been a lipoma or a cyst. I think you'll be just fine op :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: