Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What's working for you in your efforts toward recovery?  (Read 234 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What's working for you in your efforts toward recovery?
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »
One reason I visit this website is to see how people with GAD are coping.  But I also like to see strategies
are helping people feeling better and reclaim their sense of being themselves.  I like to be encouraged by the
struggles of others!

I'm trying to make time for physical exercise each day, and some yoga stretches and deep breathing.
I also keep it close contact online and in person with others dealing with anxiety for support.
And I'm starting to take Klonopin.

What do you guys find is helping you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: What's working for you in your efforts toward recovery?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »
I also deal with GAD and i do
breathing exercises

when i start to become in a state of panic, wherever i am at, start telling myself positive affirmations and reinform myself it will go away and this will be only uncomfotable for a bit bc it is just anxiety

making sure i have a daily routine, i can be lazy so i like to plan my day, to make sure i don't use my anxiety to get out of something

exercise, if it is just walking around,cleaning, or do small hand waits or stretches

praying the rosary

journal of my achievements for the day, telling myself i made it through the day

Bookmark and Share

Offline Expertgamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What's working for you in your efforts toward recovery?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »
I went to see a psychologist. I seriously recommend getting professional help to everyone here.

It really helps sorting things out. It also helped my doc doesn't really believe prescribing meds to deal with anxiety will help in the long run and pretty much agreed with my wish to give me a referral. Surpressing anxiety might be good... But dealing with the cause is much better. I'm still in the beginning process of things- but I am already starting to manage to actually just write off some anxious thoughts as absolutely ridiculous.

Also, actually facing fears is helping a lot too. I used to dread driving alone and exercising.. But now that I am practically forced to drive at least 3-4 days a week and exercise 2 times a week (1,5 hours on day 1 and 2,5 on day 2), I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable driving alone and I feel great after a good workout. I am gaining the confidence in my body back!

Actually, the more I start feeling better the more  stray away more from this place. I like the support and stuff here, but it also feels I keep inviting the anxiety back in. The less I am dealing with anxiety conciously, the better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: