Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need advice on a trip  (Read 121 times)

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need advice on a trip
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
So my mom wants me to go to Virginia with her for the weekend, which is a five hour drive. I don't know if I should go because I have bad anxiety and have trouble going out in public because I have a dizzy/fainting phobia. I guess I'm just scared that I'll feel bad during the long car ride and also that I'll have to go out and do stuff in virgina and DC. So Do y'all think I should go?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need advice on a trip
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »
Whether or not you should go is up to you really. You know yourself better than us, so in that regard i'd say "If you think you'd regret not going, you probably should." But I'd like to offer a bit of advice that helped me.

If you're afraid you'll have anxiety issues, just tell yourself you will definitely have anxiety problems. That there's no question you'll feel bad. Do that and a lot of the fear of not knowing should go away; worst case scenario is still slightly better than not acknowledging it, since you will be at least a bit more ready for it if it comes. best case scenario is you proved yourself wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sarahjxde

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
thanks for the advice!

the only reason I'm thinking i should go is because ill never get better if i just stay at home in my comfort zone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JamieLynn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
Hi there!
I actually just posted a blog about this today on my blog. Here is the link: http://www.jamiepie.com/2014/06/traveling-with-anxietypanic-disorder.html
I really hope that you find it helpful. Anxiety has been something that has kept me from doing so much in my life. I've had it for 14 years now and have turned down so many offers to travel. You can definitely overcome this!

-Jamie
Bookmark and Share

Offline sarahjxde

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
Hi there!
I actually just posted a blog about this today on my blog. Here is the link: http://www.jamiepie.com/2014/06/traveling-with-anxietypanic-disorder.html
I really hope that you find it helpful. Anxiety has been something that has kept me from doing so much in my life. I've had it for 14 years now and have turned down so many offers to travel. You can definitely overcome this!

-Jamie

Jamie,
I really enjoyed reading that! It's so true that we can't sit inside the house forever and be "comfortable". I'm going to go because I know I can't get rid of my anxiety and phobia sitting in my bedroom. Good luck to you on your journey!
Bookmark and Share

Offline JamieLynn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »
Good for you!!! I'm so glad that you're going to make the journey. You've got this!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: