Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Nortriptyline 10 mg  (Read 186 times)

Offline Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Nortriptyline 10 mg
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »
Hi, has anybody ever used this drug nortriptyline for anxiety or depression. My doctor gave me this drug to take with my lexapro. My anxiety is chronic with dizziness, I'm not talking about anxiety attacks or panic attacks I'm talking chronic everyday anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nortriptyline 10 mg
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
Hi, has anybody ever used this drug nortriptyline for anxiety or depression. My doctor gave me this drug to take with my lexapro. My anxiety is chronic with dizziness, I'm not talking about anxiety attacks or panic attacks I'm talking chronic everyday anxiety.

Nortriptyline is one of the tricyclic antidepressants. It is biased toward inhibiting the reuptake of norepinephrine (NE) instead of serotonin. Effectively, by taking it with Lexapro you're getting a SNRI. IMHO, this is actually better than taking a SNRI as you're not stuck with a fixed serotonin-NE reuptake balance, plus even the best SNRI is only fairly weak NE reuptake inhibitor.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline flyaway

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nortriptyline 10 mg
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »
Hi Adelle,

When I was taking Paxil and had a period of consistent anxiety which was worse than usual, I was also prescribed 10mg of Nortriptyline. I found it made a positive difference for me in my anxiety levels. 

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: