Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sports Anxiety Tips?  (Read 61 times)

Offline samanthamoffs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sports Anxiety Tips?
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Sam and I have been diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder and I have been living with it my whole life. I am a healthy and active 18 year old and in the fall I will be continuing on to play collegiate softball. One of the biggest struggles I have faced is that when I am working out (especially running) I throw myself into a panic attack after a few short minutes because of my shallow breathing. My therapist has told me that because I have had anxiety for so long, I never properly learned how to breathe. Aside from the breathing, I also find it very stressful that I cannot mentally push myself to keep going.  :traurig001: I wish that I had the mental toughness to push through my difficult summer workout, but I am so scared that when I get to college, I won't be able to handle it and I will just have a year full of constant panic attacks. I have been working on breathing exercises at the request of my therapist, but i'm definitely open to other ideas.

Has anybody gone through a similar experience, or have some insight? Anything helps  :angel-smiley-006:

Thank you!
Sam  :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sports Anxiety Tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: