Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Had Follow-up Appointment For Celexa This Morning  (Read 127 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Had Follow-up Appointment For Celexa This Morning
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »
I just thought I would write an update of how it's been going for me on Celexa.  Today was my follow-up with my doctor.  My weight was down about 3 pounds (of which I didn't want to lose) but that seems to happen to me on Celexa, from past experience.  My blood pressure was a little higher than normal, but still normal 120/80----I was a little stressed out and upset yesterday (family issue) so I attributed it to that.

As far as my progress on Celexa,  I really noticed it improving at 8 weeks in.  Now, I don't take the typical dose, I take a very small dose----which I had questions about for my doc.  because of the therapeutic dose being 20mg., and that I take a dose less than that.  My doctor said because she prescribed it to me for anxiety and it is working she is perfectly happy with the amount I'm taking.  She has other patients who also take smaller doses than the 20mg.  It just seems to take the edge off of my anxiety which helps immensely.

Also had my vitamin D checked again to see if it went up since taking the supplement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: Had Follow-up Appointment For Celexa This Morning
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:48:17 AM »
I do know a person who was on the same medication and noticed no change at all after 10 weeks. With some it might work great. Feel better more quickly. Others it might take more time. Then others still it might not do anything at all. If you think it is not doing anything at all, let your doctor know. May try you on something else. Hit and miss with medication at times.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline abigailb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Had Follow-up Appointment For Celexa This Morning
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »
Good luck with your meds! I've been on Celexa for about 8 weeks too, just upped my dose from 20 to 30mg recently. I also have lost weight that I didn't want to (about 10 lbs) and I can't seem to gain it back. That has been my main side effect.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: