Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ultrasound appt on Friday.... I might die from no patience.  (Read 198 times)

Offline healthworrier24

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I went to the doctor for the lump on my breast yesterday. She told me that she wants to do an ultrasound Friday to make sure everything is ok. I dont feel like I got a sense of calm from her words. She didnt seem concerned but didnt really seem like it was probably nothing. Im freaking out and cant stop crying... Friday seems like a lifetime away and I would really appreciate kind words and some positive prayers if you pray. I know I'm new here, but I'm just really scared.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ultrasound appt on Friday.... I might die from no patience.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
I am so sorry you are going through this I have been there myself with the mammograms and then spot mammograms and then ultrasounds and Nothing ever showed up each year they did this and still nothing..

Sadly from what my Doctors office told which is my family doctors office her receptionist said they do this to women to get extra money I was LIVID! The last time they put me through it I said let me see the films and I watched the ultrasound myself and I said there is NOTHING there but the doctor doing it said no there isn't.. I said why did you put me through this again and knowing I have  panic attacks because my insurance pays well!! I was real nice to them!

It is good to get checked out but always ask questions and request to see your films !

Take care and if it were something they thought was really serious they would have you back in there sooner.
Praying for You !
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline healthworrier24

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »
Thank you so much Tulip! Thats crazy about wanting your money. I am just angry because I went to a family doctor a 9 days ago and she wanted to do an ultrasound. Said they'd call to schedule. No one would call me back. I left messages and still nothing. So I went to my OBGYN yesterday. I have never had a lump before so this is all new. I'm also 28 is they dont do mammograms on me at all. There is pain involved so I keep being told this is a good thing. I just want to know that I'm fine and its a cyst. Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to not be alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
sorry honey.  i know how scary that can be.

yeah, I get cysts in my breasts.  thing is i don't know they are there.  mine tend to be very small. 

Mammograms don't see well through dense breast tissue well. I have dense breasts.  I've had a couple of callbacks because the mammo 'saw' things, that on ultrasound  showed they were just cysts.  Mammos will 'see' cysts as 'thickening' of breast tissue.  which is code for "could be cancer.  So since you have young boobies  :winking0008:, it is quite likely your breasts are dense.  going straight to  ultrasound will solve some of that stuff.  US see better through dense breast tissue and identify cysts more readily.  UGH this last year, in NY, women who have dense breasts are advised to have mammos followed up by ultrasounds.  Yeah, sucks for me.

My guess, is the lump will be either a cyst or fatty tissue.    ;D 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »
Of course this is a scary experience for you, but it's SO likely to be something harmless.  You're going to be fine.  A lot of times doctors do things to cover their butts, or, sadly, to get extra money out of people.  I'm sorry they're being so horrible about scheduling - hopefully Friday will come quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lars Thorwald

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Friday will be here and gone before you know it. Then you'll have a nice weekend to look forward to. Usually breast lumps are nothing to worry about and don't need treatment. You'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share
"For days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off." --Johnny Carson

Offline healthworrier24

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond. I just feel like I'm drowning. I am doing all I can to try to not think about it or stay busy but its like this is ruling my life right now. I try to be positive and think its nothing and statistically odds are it isnt but in the back of my head I have that what if factor. My husband and I just decided to try for another baby and my son is 3. I have so much left to do.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: