Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: general anesthesia tomorrow to remove lymph node.  (Read 159 times)

Offline EnglishT

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
general anesthesia tomorrow to remove lymph node.
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Tomorrow I'm going under general anesetic to have my lymph node removed.

I'm so worried about it all, didn't get sleep till 5AM last night, I had constant palpitations all night which lasted about 4 hours and my heart kept skipping beats before I fell asleep.

I'm so worried that something is going to go wrong tomorrow. If I don't eat little and often I will start to feel sick, dizzy and my heart will race and because of the operation I can't eat after around midnight tonight and who knows how long I'll be waiting for the operation to be done.

I should be getting my CT scan results tomorrow and I'm so convinced their is going to be a tumor found or something because I've had a feeling that their is something 'stuck' in the bottom right of my stomach for a long time and the area hurts when I press it.

I'm really thinking that when I get to the hospital I just won't have the courage to have it done as their is so much anxiety surrounding it. What if my heart starts to race once they've injected me, what if my heart starts to race and I can't breath when I'm coming around.

Their is just so much worry I'm really struggling to cope.

I just hate the situation I'm in at the moment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline healthworrier24

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: general anesthesia tomorrow to remove lymph node.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
Ill say a prayer for you and send good vibes. Everything will turn out ok and atleast they'll be able to look into this and figure out what the issue is to treat you and make you better. Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: general anesthesia tomorrow to remove lymph node.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
I just had surgery under GA on the 6th. The worst part for me is them inserting the IV. You'll be just fine, the drugs are great and they won't let anything bad happen to you. It's their job to make sure you're ok. Update us!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: