Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: tips for finding a therapist?  (Read 55 times)

Online LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
tips for finding a therapist?
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »
My fear of death is difficult to explain unless you are a parent. I never really feared death before having my daughter (18 months old) and these last three months, it's been weighing heavy on me. I don't want to leave her behind or my husband for that matter. I want every ounce of time that I can get with them that I can and the thought of my daughter growing up without me just tears me up inside.

Recently, I have been able to get away from these thoughts and just life in the now and make the best of my time with my daughter and my husband... then my mom called. She made a comment that triggered something (I didn't even see it coming), not knowing that it would of course because she doesn't understand my anxiety. My husband is the only one I talk to about these thoughts though because he understands me. I do want to seek some sort of therapy though. My husband travels a lot for work and I feel like I could use the extra listener with some input.

How does one go about finding a therapist to help with anxiety anyway? Especially a mom who works full time, is taking care of a toddler and has a husband that's often out of town for work. I know I need it but I just don't know where to begin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: tips for finding a therapist?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:22:56 AM »
Your doctor might have a list of local therapists. The only thing would be finding one to match your hours. Most are just like other workers and work the same hours as most normal workers. But I am sure a few would do evening sittings. Simply because they are aware that people work. I would ask my doctor to begin with. See what he has on offer. Some doctors work with certain therapists. Send their patients to this therapist. Other than that the net is good way to look for therapists in your home area. It can be about hit and miss. Some you may not hit it off with. Then you might that one you feel so relaxed with. This can happen a bit. So. Begin with your own doctor.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: