Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of Brain Eating Amoeba some water splashed in my nose, bathtub water  (Read 408 times)

Offline Nexus500

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I live in Illinois, only a small splash...now im freaking out...
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No worries okay you don't have it the odds are so slim I mean very slim and it isn't happening in you so take some deep breaths and do some positive self talk okay ?

many people get water up their noses everyday second of everyday and don't have it .

take care and don't stress over this because you don't have it.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline gouldbergvariations

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have had this fear on And off since oct 2012. Reassurance seeking doesn't help, and I have experiences the migration of this fear to others as well. Just accept the worst possible scenario and deal with these possibilities. You can search the forum and I went into quite a bit of detail with this specific fear, might help you short term . But long term, Dealing with this fear is difficult because of water exposure everywhere. The thoughts always come back to me no matter what. I still sometimes take a flashlight to check up my nostrils to see if any there is any water in certain situations. Thank the media and fear mongering for this one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nexus500

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
how many confirmed cases have there been in illinois
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pink Cat

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Water you get from faucets in the house should be treated and anything dangerous in it would have been killed by the process.  :)  If you are worried about getting that sort of infection, I think the only thing to stay away from is rivers and lakes and things where the water hasn't been cleaned like tap water has.  I don't think it's very likely that you could become infected by lakes or rivers either but the amoeba would definitely not be in water you got from the bath tub.  :)  If you could get that from taking a bath everybody would be talking about it on the news and everyone would be afraid of their water.  You know how much they like to talk about scary things on TV.  lol
Bookmark and Share
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and spiders.

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

This is a map of all confirmed naegleria fowleri cases. It does not exist in Illinois, and where it does exist, it only exists in pond water, and unchlorinater water. To add to that, water needs to be surged FAR up into your nose in order to infect you. Most cases are caused by water skiing.

Drinking water will not affect you.

I used to be scared of this too... and I live in Massachusetts. Pretty silly, huh? :) You'll be absolutely fine.
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Tags: