Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: HIV?!  (Read 309 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HIV?!
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:05:38 PM »
About two years ago  I found out my partner was cheating. It was with an 18 year old girl. He had unprotected sex with her several times.  After a few months she found out she was pregnant ( not his ) and according to  my partner she never said anything about having any diseases or anything. She was also in a long term committed relationship at the time of the cheating.

I have been feeling ill on and off. At first, it started with a sore throat on the 3rd of june. That cleared up after a few pills of antibiotics.  I went to puerto rico and I was fine but I kept feeling like I was getting sick on and off. Just a very vague feeling I was about to get sick. Then yesterday my sore throat came back and I got a slight headache and running nose. I still feel it but it's a bit better. I was around kids that had bugs during my stay in PR. My son is currently sick with some kind of cold or the flu. He had bad chest and nose congestion and a bad cough with a fever...

Also the palms of my hands have been itchy and peeling for a couple weeks now. There were also tiny blisters on them... I do have athletes foot and I do rub my feet quite a lot. Is it possible that I have spread it to my hands???

Does this sound like HIV? What are the chances that I have been infected with hit?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HIV?!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
Sounds like a virus of some sort to me, not something particularly serious. I can't really speculate on your chances of having it, but I'd strongly advise getting a test to rule it out - why live with doubt? I'd not think it particularly likely though - I'd have thought she or he would've had some signs or knowledge of it by now. So I'd think you're in the clear. It's just a series of small viral infections. I'm not so sure about the itching on your hands. Could be from the athletes foot as you said, or the skin could just be dry, or it could be an infection. Again, might be worth mentioning to your doctor, but don't worry yourself over it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
It's extremly rare for heterosexuals to get HIV. If that 18 year old DID have HIV, it would 1 in 2,000 chance your partner would get HIV. This question has been asked million of times to the doctors at medhelp who specializes in HIV and STD's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Wha does that mean??? I know he had sex with her more than once... I'm too afraid t get a test....
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »
personally i think you are worrying for no really good reason.  everybody gets little viral bugs.

two things:  does your partner have HIV?  how old is your son?  whenever i was pregnant, the ob ran all of the stds during pregnancy.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
my son is nearing 4 year old. He was two during the start of the affair... 
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »
While it's true that some people CAN get cold/flu-like symptoms after the onset of HIV, it's generally one or two weeks after—not two years.

I don't know, because you didn't specify, but I'm going to assume that this 18-year-old was white and not drug-addicted and not a prostitute. Under those circumstances, as someone else mentioned, it is very rare for someone from that demographic in Western society to have HIV.

I'd be more worried about the fact that your husband has been cheating. Have you guys dealt with that?
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »
She was puerto rican. Not a prostitute or drug dealer as far as i know
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
Just go to cvs or walgreens and buy the kit. You can easily have your status found with your primary care doctor. Trust me, this is something you can easily find your answer to. While we can bring you reassurance the chances are slim it's still possible. Very, very unlikely. Just get two tests and both of you test together. Simple as that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline munzirlaaa

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
I went through the same. The chances or heterosexuals getting HIV in one encounter is astronomical. 1 in 650 have HIV. Majority in the African population. The chances of getting HIV is like 1 in 2000. Multiply that together and there is probably more chance you would win the lottery. I went through the same thing a few months ago. Get tested and get that piece of mind :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »
It wasn't one encounter though. It's was regular sex for about two months I believe... I would have to get tested alone, because he thinks I am being ridiculous and he is tired off hylochondria in general.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 03:43:57 AM »
She was puerto rican. Not a prostitute or drug dealer as far as i know

Hmmm puertorican?...That would slightly increase the odds but highly unlikely. A simple blood panel from the doc would tell if its been more than 6months
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
Why does that increase the odds?
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
Not sure where you live but they gave free oral HIV test in almost every major city. In Los Angeles, you can get a free test with results in 20 minutes.

You can also do the home kit but that's around 60 bucks and you have to wait about 3-5 days for results.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: