Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My battle with anxiety  (Read 62 times)

Offline alisharn20

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My battle with anxiety
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
Hi,
I am new to this forum and my name is Alisha. I am a 20 year old female that is currently in RN school. I came on this website because my anxiety is so bad I cannot even leave my house. I am a severe hypochondriac and there isn't a day that goes by that I am always scared something will happen to me. In 2012 I had a bad case of Lyme's disease that left me very ill for a long time. Since then I have been having a lot of medical problems. I have had swollen lymph nodes for a year and am constantly worried I have lymphoma. Now I am always in fear of having a heart attack. I have been getting PVCs a lot lately and my heart rate gets high when I do any activity. I hope its because I am so out of shape. I have gotten 5 EKGs and an echocardiogram which were all normal. This anxiety is affecting my life so much I am thinking of dropping out of school. I cry everyday and if I leave the house I always have a panic attack. My doctor wants me to go on an antidepressant but I have heard of the nasty side effects and I am trying to find ways to resolve this anxiety without medication. I feel so alone and my anxiety has gotten to the point where I am always depressed and crying and in constant fear. I can't even watch tv anymore I just lay in bed. It took a lot for me to sign up on here. I just feel like I am the only one fighting this battle. I came on here for people to here my story and see if anyone relates to me. Anxiety has ruined my life and I feel like I am just giving up. My family constantly gets enraged with me because they don't understand what its like to have anxiety. They have almost kicked me out because they don't know what to do anymore and I don't blame them. My doctor wants me to take Paxil. Has anyone taken that? I am just thinking I am going to end up taking it because I cannot deal with my anxiety anymore and I really think it is taking a toll on my body and especially my heart. I hope that my PVCs are being caused by anxiety and not something else. If anyone here has severe hypochondria and have known how to tolerate it and make it better please let me know. I am at the end of my rope and I feel like just giving up. Anyways, that is my story.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: My battle with anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My battle with anxiety
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »
Hi Alisha...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone, and a cyber hug for you!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Alisha, you are not alone.  The Anxiety Zone site has thousands and thousands of members, all of them dealing with some form of anxiety disorder, and that includes me.  I have panic disorder with panic attacks.  Just 7-8 months ago, I didn't think I was going to make it, but my psychiatrist started me on a new anti-depressant, and I started therapy, learning cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  Today I have much of my life back.  If I can turn my life around, I know in my heart that you can too.

By the way, I also wanted to share with you that I am an RN, and have been a nurse for 37 years.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Alisha.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:

Bookmark and Share

Tags: