Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Numbness in hands and feet??? please please help  (Read 135 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Numbness in hands and feet??? please please help
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
Does anyone experience this? This is killing me. I was going to the chiropractor and it was a bit better, but now it's worse. I have hand numbness when I am in the computer, when holding the phone... it's bad.... I also get some tingling and numbness in my feet...specially the left.... I thought that maybe I had carpal tunnel syndrome but now I am not so sure if I get it in my feet too when I am sitting..... don't know what's going on.... anyone else?? please please, I am so scared of going to the doctor.  :(
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Hopeful77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Numbness in hands and feet??? please please help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
Hi Leah.  I have had similar problems off and on for years.  Several fingers on one hand would tingle or feel numb for a week and then get better.  Then one foot would act up and then get better and then it would move somewhere else.  This ant on for at least a year.  I saw a neurologist.  He did an MRI but didn't find anything wrong.  He said he could do a bunch more tests, but there was a good chance we wouldn't figure out what it was.  I decided to save my money since it didn't hurt and I was functional.  Sometime later I was diagnosed with l low thyroid and low b-12 levels.  I started taking a multivitamin and thyroid medicine.  I have had fewer problems since then.  I don't know if my problems have anything to do with b-12 and thyroid, or if it is just a coincidence that it got better when I started on these meds.  Every now and then it comes back.  Working on the computer a lot can aggravate it.  If it is really bothering you, don't be afraid to go to the doctor.  I really don't think it is anything bad.  Maybe they can help. 
Bookmark and Share
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Numbness in hands and feet??? please please help
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
Hi Leah.  I have had similar problems off and on for years.  Several fingers on one hand would tingle or feel numb for a week and then get better.  Then one foot would act up and then get better and then it would move somewhere else.  This ant on for at least a year.  I saw a neurologist.  He did an MRI but didn't find anything wrong.  He said he could do a bunch more tests, but there was a good chance we wouldn't figure out what it was.  I decided to save my money since it didn't hurt and I was functional.  Sometime later I was diagnosed with l low thyroid and low b-12 levels.  I started taking a multivitamin and thyroid medicine.  I have had fewer problems since then.  I don't know if my problems have anything to do with b-12 and thyroid, or if it is just a coincidence that it got better when I started on these meds.  Every now and then it comes back.  Working on the computer a lot can aggravate it.  If it is really bothering you, don't be afraid to go to the doctor.  I really don't think it is anything bad.  Maybe they can help.

Hi, thanks so much for replying!!!! I had my b12 checked and it was normal. Blood work is normal, including thyroid and hormones. The only thing the found was low iron but I already had 5 venofer (iron) infusions. I have an appointment next week with the hematologist to re-check my iron levels.

I have read that low b-12 does cause the tingling. I wish it was that easy in my case, but it's not.

I guess I have to make an appointment with my neuro, but he stopped taking insurance in janaury so now I have to pay anywhere between $250-350 to see him GGGRRRRRR  >:(
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: