Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: my story...... intro  (Read 127 times)

Offline Auntiefav

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
my story...... intro
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
Hi, I am 37 years old and suffer from anxiety.  When I feel different things in my body, I believe I have health anxiety and feel like I have a illness that I will die from!  I know this is normal, and I am coming to get support from these different forums.  I recently have back pain.....that burns.....  leg hurts.  Docs believe sciatica,...... MRI will be in a week.....  BUT of corse im thinking MORE!  Could this be a symptom of anxiety?  I am looking forward to meeting new people on these boards......  and hopefully I can help out some people too as well.  =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: my story...... intro
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
Hi AuntieFav,
 Welcome and yes many do complain of back pain and it can be related to anxiety and panic and more mental health problems and also physical health problems.

We tense up so much when we have anxiety and that pulls the muscles in the entire body from head to toe! I know because I have back pain a lot and use a heating pad almost everyday but I do also have a bad back due to setting to much and it is lower back and Siactica is very common and what you are explaining with the pain you are having sure sounds like it I feel the burning and stinging down the back of my legs also I do in the front at times .

Getting an MRI is good so you will know and you can start getting that back healed up . I would try some moist heat or a heating pad and also try some ice on and off also do some stretching but don't over do until you get the MRI results back you could have pulled some muscles.

I know he Hypochondria myself every little ache and pain is something that is going to kill me! I have been wrong for so many years now and sure have wasted a lot of days worrying.

take care and hope you feel better!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Auntiefav

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »
Thank you for responding.... so comforting to know that I am not alone.......  MRI....seems so far away..........  I am doing the heating pad , and it makes me feel nausous at times.  IS this normal?
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »
You are very welcome .
Where do you have the heating pad located?? I use it from the top of my spine and move it down the lower lumbar region but if its making you feel sick then don't use it okay wait until you know what the MRI says but odds are this anxiety causing you to feel nauseated because you are scared and that is a symptom of anxiety being nauseated.

Try and calm down and make sure you are drinking some water and try to relax the body and the mind.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Auntiefav

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
I know its my nerves.... UGH!  Why do we have to feel so anxious at EVERY little twitch, pinch, ache.....  Of corse I have convinced myself I have cancer...  do you know if my CBC count was normal...that means... NO CANCER? UGh.....  I wish this would all just go away..... 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: