Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does a low back pain has a big connection or link to Anxiety itself? need help  (Read 270 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hi there. So last night i was so very anxious and super stressed out while lying on my bed worried about my Health Anxiety of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. So terrified that i keep on thinking i have "had" the said disease! Then suddenly my lock back started to get a bit achy and tingly. Which made me more anxious and decided to go to the bathroom and i "pooped" please excuse me for that. And i fell asleep and felt fine again.

Does aches and pains or specifically low back pain has a connection to Anxiety itself? Have you been getting a bit achy sensation when you are under stressed or in a anxious situation in a overwhelming worry? Oh God this year is my last year in my college and next year in march I'm about to graduate. So scared of Hodgkin's Lymphoma that will ruin all of my dreams and dying prematurely! Very scared.
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When you have high levels of anxiety, you tense up all over without noticing it. Combine that with poor posture... say leaning over a bit with your back curved and head up, like most people reading this are currently doing... And yeah you'll get some miserable back pain. And neck pain. And chest pain too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Have you also experienced it too?
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
I hope someone can shed a light on me because i don't know what's wrong in me
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
It seems that no one relates to me. God! sucks to be me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
yes anxiety can cause lower back pain.  it can cause upper back pan.  it can cause mid back pain.  it causes all kinds of pain.  as lunatone spoke about......  anxiety tenses up a body.  tense bodies will hurt.

i get MOST of my sciatica pain when I am stressed.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
i get MOST of my sciatica pain when I am stressed.

OR

when I pick up a heavy flowerpot and toss it over the hosta.   :spineyes:   YEP, 2 weeks later and it still hurts.  My own stupid  ::) fault, obviously   :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Thank you for your replies! Very much appreciated. Not just my lower back but also sometimes my neck, hands and even my head. It's so hard to determine if it's all anxiety or what?
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
bittersweetlife - I'm currently experiencing a lot of low back pain and am convinced its something serious, even though I'm sure its from anxiety. I also get a lot of pain in my neck and upper back.

Hope you're doing better!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: