Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: hip and pelvic pain - scared of ovarian cancer  (Read 211 times)

Offline ellengreen9

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hip and pelvic pain - scared of ovarian cancer
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:37:09 AM »
I'm a 56-year-old female, had partial hysterectomy 10 years ago.  Started having left sided pain about 3 weeks ago.  It's in my left hip down to my groin and pelvic area and left back.  Radiates down left leg a bit.  I'm so afraid I have ovarian cancer and I've been looking at all the symptoms online.  I'm so terrified.  Going today to a urologist because there was very mild blood in my urine (0-2 per high powered field, which is actually considered normal), but no infection present, so they routinely send people over 50 in to get that checked out.  I have a few signs of ovarian cancer according to sites on the web...mostly the pain.  I already have an overactive bladder and have had this for many years (that's one sign of ovca), but it's the pain I'm worried about the most.  I've been up all night, feeling very anxious and terrified.  My appetite has been good up until today when I really got into the internet and began reading all the signs of ovca.  I'm so afraid they will dawdle around and not find out what's wrong until it's too late.  So so so so scared.  I have also been diagnosed with IBS in the past when I was in my 30s and I know I occasionally have that.  Have had a diagnosis of gastroparesis for over a year that seems to have become much much better, but now this.  I'm freaking out.  My poor husband.  He gets really upset that I would look at things on the internet.  Please help me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hip and pelvic pain - scared of ovarian cancer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
Sounds like sciatica to me.  I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.  Still, couldn't hurt to get checked out. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:09:06 AM »
This is one of my older themes ...  I've had it since I was 19 and I'm 34 now. I relate to you.

I know how you feel so much right now. So I will believe that you are OK for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Some of what you are stating are your symptoms are that of Kidney stones.

But then some of what you are stating are your symptoms are those of trigger point pain . I have had both of these issues.

Hopefully your doctor visit was able to help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: ovarian hip pelvic pain