Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Gastritis or Anxiety??  (Read 120 times)

Offline redcoat13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gastritis or Anxiety??
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
I've been stressing for weeks about this. I got an ultrasound and they told me I had gastritis and I've had it before, but that was before I had the anxiety. I know I probably have it because of the food I eat, but I'm so terrified that I'm gonna get an ulcer or cancer or start vomiting blood. I've been feeling these aches in my stomach for a while and it's really tight and full and it could be constipation but I don't know anymore. Please please help me I don't wanna have to feel the aches anymore and I'm not sure if it's gastritis or anxiety or both can anyone please help??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gastritis or Anxiety??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:53 AM »
I've had gastritis due to stress and acid reflux for about 5 months now... for me, it keeps getting better and coming back.  ::)

So yes, Gastritis can unfortunately recur, especially without a change in diet/lifestyle. It's caused by stress, coffee, alcohol and sometimes by a bacteria called H. Pylori.

You might want to get tested for H. Pylori to see if you have it, eradication of H.Pylori will lower your chances for recurrence/complications.

Yes, Gastritis can lead to an ulcer if untreated for long enough. About 1 in 10 people end up with an ulcer of some type at some point in their life. People go many many years dealing with uncomplicated gastritis/ulcers, don't be worried about the big "C".
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Tags: