Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pins and needles, tingling, dizziness...help!!!  (Read 580 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: pins and needles, tingling, dizziness...help!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
Im having the same symptoms except mine are on the left side. I had an emg and it showed nothing wrong with my leg (whats really bothing me) but it did show I had nerve compression/dammage in my left arm from resting on my elbow while on the computer.

who performed your EMG? a neurologist? what treatment did you get after the EMG? did you have tingling/numbness?
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline fragilevesl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
Thanks for all the responses!  I did not have an emg, just an MRI of the brain and cervical spine and a visually evoked potentials test.  And, like I said, the neurologists(3 of them) said no signs of ms.  One of them said they thought it was anxiety.  The thing that scares me though is the symptoms have pretty much been present for over two months.  Is this normal?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 239
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks for all the responses!  I did not have an emg, just an MRI of the brain and cervical spine and a visually evoked potentials test.  And, like I said, the neurologists(3 of them) said no signs of ms.  One of them said they thought it was anxiety.  The thing that scares me though is the symptoms have pretty much been present for over two months.  Is this normal?

living life anxiously is NOT normal..  Having adrenaline (fight/flight) pouring through a body in response to an over anxious mind is very difficult and fatigues a body.  This results in all kinds of physical aches/pains/twitching/tingles etc, etc.  So, while it isn't normal ,it is common to have  tingles, shake ,twitching, dizziness, buzzing, headaches, palpitations and hundreds of other uncomfortable things going on in a body.  The sad thing is that such things will not stop until either 1. they no longer scare you (at that point the body will begin having a new crop of aches/pains that will scare you) or 2. the underlying stress/anxiety is addressed.  Then over time (weeks/months) the body/mind will be begin to relax and become less reactive.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline fragilevesl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
sixpack, thank you so much for your responses!  Your encouragement is well received. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »
Sounds just like me. My limbs fall asleep extremely fast, I hate it. I have all those symptoms and more. ***** keeps lurking in my mind... So dumb cause I'll never do it lol. Anxiety wrecks all kinds of havoc.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything