Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pins and needles, tingling, dizziness...help!!!  (Read 374 times)

Online fragilevesl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
pins and needles, tingling, dizziness...help!!!
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »
Does anybody else get pins and needles, tingling, and dizziness from anxiety?  I get all three and have been getting them frequently for over two months!  It's really scaring me.  Most of my symptoms are in my right leg and arm, but lately they've been spreading to my left leg, arm, and back too.  I also noticed my limbs fall asleep a lot easier than usual.  This all started when I read about MS symptoms because I was having some sharp pains in my stomach and used dr. google to help diagnose me.  I've had multiple panic attacks the past couple months and have been extremely stressed about this whole thing, but I still get the symptoms even when I'm not anxious.  I went to see some neurologists and they all said "no signs of ms."   
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: pins and needles, tingling, dizziness...help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
I get all of these and more. I also get the sharp stabbing pain, how would you describe yours? Mine usually begins on the right side kind of above the butt cheek and I'll feel a sharp pain in the rectum as well. They are synchronous with one another. I believe they are considered a pelvic floor dysfunction? These are muscle spasms of the spinchter muscles. Curious if you feel the same pain? I've seen 6 neurologists and 2 MRI's, and they all say no ms, looks like we're in the same boat.

Ps. My limbs fall asleep all the time. Also get pinky and ring finger numbness in the mornings all the time, and a light headed/dizzy feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Online fragilevesl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »
Mine change often.  For a while my right side just had a mild tingling.  Then, it felt heavy.  Then, I noticed my right arm would fall asleep easy when I didn't have good posture.  Then, I started to get these pins and needles in my back, arms, and legs.  The pins and needles almost feel like a burning sensation or something.  I also get some muscle twitching throughout the day.  This all started with pain in my groin and stomach area.  The groin pain was a sharp stabbing and went away and the stomach pain also went away.  I went from thinking I had testicular cancer, to prostate cancer, to crohn's disease, to colitis, etc. etc, to ms.     
Bookmark and Share

Online fragilevesl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
The part that scares me is that it's been going on for 2 months and hasn't really let up. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
I am on the same boat and it's driving me crazy... amy hands and feet get numb/tingly... and I also get tingling in my back. I am so scared. I started lexapro 3 weeks ago ..... I had a brain MRI in december that was clean.... not sure what's going on, but this time around I am so scared of going to the doctor.... it makes me feel a bit better that you guys have the symptoms...... maybe it is anxiety after all... but still.... I have no strength to go to the doctor to get this checked.... I am so scared  :(
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »
Does anybody else get pins and needles, tingling, and dizziness from anxiety?  I get all three and have been getting them frequently for over two months!  It's really scaring me.  Most of my symptoms are in my right leg and arm, but lately they've been spreading to my left leg, arm, and back too.  I also noticed my limbs fall asleep a lot easier than usual.  This all started when I read about MS symptoms because I was having some sharp pains in my stomach and used dr. google to help diagnose me.  I've had multiple panic attacks the past couple months and have been extremely stressed about this whole thing, but I still get the symptoms even when I'm not anxious.  I went to see some neurologists and they all said "no signs of ms."   

part of the physical manifestation of anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »

SIXPACK... do you think my numbness/tingling in hands and feet can be anxiety too???? I am so scared 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

SIXPACK... do you think my numbness/tingling in hands and feet can be anxiety too???? I am so scared

yes i think numbness and tingling can be anxiety.   have you looked at that long list of anxiety symptoms that i posted last week?  if not. or even if you have, have a read again.  it is the third link I have posted on my profile page
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
Mine change often.  For a while my right side just had a mild tingling.  Then, it felt heavy.  Then, I noticed my right arm would fall asleep easy when I didn't have good posture.  Then, I started to get these pins and needles in my back, arms, and legs.  The pins and needles almost feel like a burning sensation or something.  I also get some muscle twitching throughout the day.  This all started with pain in my groin and stomach area.  The groin pain was a sharp stabbing and went away and the stomach pain also went away.  I went from thinking I had testicular cancer, to prostate cancer, to crohn's disease, to colitis, etc. etc, to ms.   
Our symptoms are so similar, however instead of the right side that's affected for me, it's the left. I also thought I had crohns, testicular cancer, and the sorts with the pelvic pains. I contribute these pains to the hemmerhoids that I have though, not sure really what else it can be fromh
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
Im having the same symptoms except mine are on the left side. I had an emg and it showed nothing wrong with my leg (whats really bothing me) but it did show I had nerve compression/dammage in my left arm from resting on my elbow while on the computer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
Im having the same symptoms except mine are on the left side. I had an emg and it showed nothing wrong with my leg (whats really bothing me) but it did show I had nerve compression/dammage in my left arm from resting on my elbow while on the computer.

who performed your EMG? a neurologist? what treatment did you get after the EMG? did you have tingling/numbness?
Bookmark and Share

Online fragilevesl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
Thanks for all the responses!  I did not have an emg, just an MRI of the brain and cervical spine and a visually evoked potentials test.  And, like I said, the neurologists(3 of them) said no signs of ms.  One of them said they thought it was anxiety.  The thing that scares me though is the symptoms have pretty much been present for over two months.  Is this normal?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks for all the responses!  I did not have an emg, just an MRI of the brain and cervical spine and a visually evoked potentials test.  And, like I said, the neurologists(3 of them) said no signs of ms.  One of them said they thought it was anxiety.  The thing that scares me though is the symptoms have pretty much been present for over two months.  Is this normal?

living life anxiously is NOT normal..  Having adrenaline (fight/flight) pouring through a body in response to an over anxious mind is very difficult and fatigues a body.  This results in all kinds of physical aches/pains/twitching/tingles etc, etc.  So, while it isn't normal ,it is common to have  tingles, shake ,twitching, dizziness, buzzing, headaches, palpitations and hundreds of other uncomfortable things going on in a body.  The sad thing is that such things will not stop until either 1. they no longer scare you (at that point the body will begin having a new crop of aches/pains that will scare you) or 2. the underlying stress/anxiety is addressed.  Then over time (weeks/months) the body/mind will be begin to relax and become less reactive.   
Bookmark and Share

Online fragilevesl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
sixpack, thank you so much for your responses!  Your encouragement is well received. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »
Sounds just like me. My limbs fall asleep extremely fast, I hate it. I have all those symptoms and more. ***** keeps lurking in my mind... So dumb cause I'll never do it lol. Anxiety wrecks all kinds of havoc.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: