Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Eye floaters when looking at sky  (Read 313 times)

Online LASD

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eye floaters when looking at sky
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
Hey guys,

When I initially made this post, the thing that worried me most was the visual snow. However, I don't think I'm suffering from visual snow. It's really hard to explain, but I saw it again yesterday. What happened was I was sitting down, and when I stood up, I began to have some sort of visual hallucination. I started to see what I can best describe as confetti falling from top to bottom. They were like color swirls. It was as if someone took a snowglobe and shook it. it lasted for a good minute, or at least it felt like it. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I'm probably not describing it best, but I haven't seen anyone else describe it really. I also felt somewhat off balance afterwards, I don't know if theyre connected
Bookmark and Share

Offline avianwaif

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • artist and crafter
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 03:45:55 AM »
It's called 'blue field entoptic phenomenon', and is perfectly normal. It's not a symptom of anything. It's a normal part of being a sighted human being. Enjoy it - it's fun to watch the shadows of your white blood cells! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 11:12:21 AM »
Yeah I have had floaters since as far back as I remember too; the same ones as well (with the addition of many more)! I have a big dark one that has been there since the beginning. The good thing about floaters is, once you stop thinking about them, you don't notice it. The more time you get used to them, the less time you worry about them - and therefore the less time you will notice them. They only become obvious when you either stare at the blue sky or anything that is plain white! They are usually worse in the mornings after you have woken up too.

Floaters are very normal!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
I too am at the beach and have had this several times a day. They set my anxiety off until I realized the sun, water, etc. causes these. Rest assured you are fine!!1 :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
They're totally normal I have loads of them. Asked numerous opticians and drs to only be told they're normal and they don't ever go, you're eyes just get used to them and they're not as noticeable!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: