Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared to Death of Death  (Read 667 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared to Death of Death
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
Might I suggest you turn to yourself? Trust yourself? Irvin Yalom is very smart, writes good novels he calls teaching novels, but is not Christian. Neither am I, but I like the teaching, "Love your neighbor as yourself." The Yourself is often lost.

No-one knows diddly about death. I happen to like the idea of death (am old) because all the cares in life will float away. Until then, I do my best to thumb my nose at the Grim Reaper, so-called, and do the best I can for myself and those around me. Even intending to donate the old body to research.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared to Death of Death
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
I fear thesame exact thing and I'm not religious at all, but everything you say WorriedDude22 about your fear of death is true, I cant sleep alone I have to sleep in a room with another person or an animal and I have to drink water before I go to sleep to know I can still swallow and not die of rabies in my sleep, I swear I died of rabies in my past life. i am in a city right now and although my anxiety is high this house is easily less than 50-75 feet from a fire station. i may hate the sounds of the city but the hospitals are near, no wonder Idread going to rural parts of the state I live in... Bats, cyotes, other gross disease carrying animals. So anyways I have anxiety about my own mortality all the time, heck yesterday I wrote a death letter and then again this morning, I fear death a lot I think I get the fear of death here a lot from the bad vibes the cemetary across the street gives off. Alot and it's just all around me I think about it all the time.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing fine, it's all trial and error...

Tags:

anything