Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: everything in my life is changing and it's becoming harder and harder everyday??  (Read 101 times)

Offline idkmanpeepsbecray

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
so i'm moving from southern Oregon, to a small town near Portland Oregon, in a week (my mom got remarried). I was really happy to move, and really excited with all the new changes, because i thought it would be good for me to have a change of pace. but now it's a week away and it just feels like everything is being ripped out from under me. 
so first i had my last appointment with my therapist, and that's been really hard for me the past few days because now i don't really have anyone that i can just vent to (i know i can talk to people on here, and my friends on tumblr...but it's just different to have someone that you can actually TALK to ya'know?) and it's been hard to think that i'll probably never see her again.
then i had to start taking down all my posters, and packing up my stuff...and my room looks so empty and it just doesnt feel like mine anymore....so it's just making moving feel more final.
now i'm having to "hang out before i leave" with my friends and it's just really hard... like i'v never had a lot of friends and right now i only have two. and they're the best friends i could ever ask for, and me and my best friend went through a little bit of a rough patch where we weren't talking as much as we usually do, and now we're talking again and we're really close again so it's just making it even harder to leave, and i'm seeing her for probably the last time on monday (we'll probably visit in later in july tho). and my other best friend keeps asking when i can come over again before i leave, and his mom (who's like my aunt) is really emotional about us moving and she started sobbing the last time i saw her and she kept talking about how "it feels like the end of an era..i know i'll see you guys again but it feels like the end"
so yea....the final-ness of it all is just really freaking me out.
then i'm also freaking out about all the things i need before and after we move, and the fact that i don't have enough money, and neither does my mom.
i need a dog crate for my younger dog who gets anxious in the car for a long time. i need a carrier for my cat, i need portable tank for my hamster because i'm worried about her aquarium breaking in the car, i'm going to need new tags for both my dogs and my cat, plus i'll need furniture for my room because i can't bring my desk, my room will have wood floors so i need a rug, i need a dresser...not to mention we're going to have to get new phones....
and i'm going to have to get used to a new house that i'v never even been to, a new town, i'll have to get my drivers permit in a town that i'v never been to before, my animals are going to have to get used to having a yard instead of being able to run around on our 11 acres, my cat will have to stay inside because i'm paranoid about her running away since we'll be in a new place, they'll all have to get used to another dog and another cat.
it's just becoming more and more stressful every day.
for the last 2 nights i'v just turned off my lights and laid on the floor and cried (i laid on the floor cause it's extremely hot because we have no AC) until i was to exhausted to cry anymore
anyway...it just sucks...
i'v been trying to take a bath every night and do yoga in the mornings to try to calm my mind at least a little bit, but it doesnt feel like it's doing a whole lot :/
i just needed to get this out, and maybe someone will have some advice for me  :fragend005:

Bookmark and Share
"life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Online flyaway

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
I am in a similar situation, pretty much everything in my life has changed in a short period of time.  Some changes have been good, some have been awful.  It's like I'm going through a grieving process right now.

It is so overwhelming, especially when you're dealing with anxiety! Uncertainty and a lack of control is a big trigger for me.  Feeling like I am losing people also really triggers my anxiety as well.

I will admit I am still struggling, so I don't know how helpful my advice will be, but all i can tell you is to breathe! Make lists of what needs to be done, I know it can freak you out at first, but it's good to know where you're at and you can break the tasks down - you don't need to do it all alone.  Ask for help if you need it.  The other thing is, one step at a time.  Focus on what you can do now, try to block out what you can't do (easier said than done. Right now I'm taking life 1 hour at a time).

You say you're sad at the idea of saying goodbye to your friends - maybe make a concrete plan for you to visit, or for them to visit, during the holiday period?

Talk to your mum.  Chances are she's probably quite scared at the idea of moving to a new town, too - you're not alone, you'll be going through this together.

Don't forget, there are so many exciting things that come with a new start.  Not many people get the chance to have a fresh start. I'm moving countries at the beginning of next year, and the idea of being somewhere where I don't really know anyone is terrifying, but I am trying to focus on the positives.

Be kind to yourself ok :)
Bookmark and Share