Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gad is attacking.. Insomnia. Help  (Read 143 times)

Offline _rai

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Know Jesus, Know Peace. :)
    • Poke This Member
Gad is attacking.. Insomnia. Help
« on: June 21, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
I am 16 weeks pregnant but though we wanted this baby for almost a year, anxiety has been attacking me again since I got pregnant! It gets worse especially if I'm not exercising or eating right. Lately I feel like I am not getting enough sleep everyday. It makes me sluggish the whole day. Yesterday I tried napping and I fell asleep for 2 hours. Then I craved for pizza and cheese burger. My husband bought me those food and I even put hot sauce and when I tried to sleep a whole ago, I feel like my mind didn't shut down! I feel like I just lay there with closed eyes.
I have been having anxious thoughts the past few days.. Can anyone please tell me some advices.. I am
Not taking any anxiety meds because I'm pregnant. I know this will all be worthy for my child but this stupid anxiety is getting on me again. I have been lazy these past few days too. Does trying not to
Do anything cause anxiety? Do I have to exercise to lessen this? I'm sorry for my long post but I have been bottling this feeling up. Thank you all..
Bookmark and Share
She didn't know who would leave or stay. So she pushed them all away.

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gad is attacking.. Insomnia. Help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
Well, I think if your doc says all is good for you and the baby, it may well be that anxiety is flaring because you have broken a management pattern . . . if you are not eating properly and getting some minimal exercise then that might be affecting your sleep . . . . plus have a baby can be anxiety provoking because you are anticipating something that will happen in the future . . .

You say that you have been having anxious thoughts . . .can you pinpoint what these thoughts are about? Are you anxious about having the baby? About the changes that a baby brings into your life and that of your husband? This will help you to decide what actions to take . . . in general, though, not doing anything is not good for anxiety, at least not for me . . . this only increases anxiety but if you are doing something, even if the activities are very small, you are distracting yourself from your anxiety . . . so long as the exercise and what you are eating are fine with your doc, then do something and, not only will it help you, it will help your baby also because you will be moving . . . so, you have been lazy for a couple of days  . . . .  so what? Pregnancy, even if it is not a woman's first one, still has a lot of hormonal fluxes and impacts so a few days off, fine . . .but now it is time to take care of yourself and while you are doing that, you will be taking care of the baby . . . and yes, doing nothing may intensify anxiety for some folks because it means you are focused on the anxiety which produces more anxiety . . . .

So, check out with your doc the kind and extent of exercises you can do, what you should be eating and a few times giving into cravings is okay but you do need to eat properly to take care of yourself, and, as for the issue of sleep . . . well, mention it to your doc but you may find that with activity you will be tired enough to fall off to sleep but, if sleep escapes you for more than 30 miinutes, get up and do something so you won't be focusing on not sleeping . . . .and if you haven't already tried it, try mindfulness techniques . . . they have been great for me and have helped me readjust my sleep pattern . . .

Finally, never think that your posts are too long . . . . we each need to express ourselves in whatever way it helps and you know this community perhaps better than any understands how sometimes it helps a great deal in just getting our thoughts out into the open . . .so no apologies and when you can, check in and let us know how you are doing . . .. take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline _rai

Depressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 07:00:55 AM »
Thank you for your reply.. I appreciate it so much. First I got anxious from what if my baby is
Not Normal or
Anything and I am financially broke too. I got scared to what I'm gonna go thorough and
Then gad is back again :( gad is when I worry about nonsense things and sometimes it scares me
I even get unwanted thoughts after I get anxious so much. Like harming my family no no no no and losing my self..  scary when I get new
Anxiety symptom.. I experienced a lot of anxiety tricks but sometimes my anxiety creates new symptoms and
It's really hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
Yes, it is indeed difficult . . .do you have a circle of family or friends who can support you? Where you live, are there resources for new Moms and babies that you may be able to access? Are there other Moms in your area? I am unfamiliar with Manila so I cannot be of much specific help.

It is very difficult especially when one suffers from anxiety and is financial issues . . . for that reason, and this may not be possible, but please reach out to organizations and friends to help you and  help your baby, especially if you become overwhelmed . . .and always come here if it is just to have some place to go to talk about what you are experiencing, ask questions, help someone else, or just to check in . . . .

Sorry I could not help much with resources in Manila but perhaps someone else has better suggestions . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline _rai

Depressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »
Yes I pray things will get Better soon. It's depressing me actually.. I am experiencing new symptoms and I don't know if its anxiety or pregnancy hormones or something. I feel like crying because I feel like losing my mind. Yesterday while I was doing the laundry I watched a video on YouTube where a scary face screaming will be shown in the end. I got nervous then anxiety attacked me again. I suddenly felt I am
Not my self! I felt like I am going out or my mind I might kill my family members so I am thinking I just die so I won't experience this pain anymore. It's really hard.. But I love my baby I love everyone in my family. But what I experienced yesterday was a first time I experienced that scary feeling. Then it went away I can see things perfectly normal again.. And then a while ago, I felt it again! The scary feeling. Like I am
Not me. I am crying right now, what could happen to me? WHat if I harm them? When that scary feeling attacks whenever I look around me is different. What is wrong with me? I feel like losing control
Bookmark and Share

Tags: