Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dating and Afraid  (Read 367 times)

Offline LeftBehind

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dating and Afraid
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
I have been thinking about this post all night and I decided to jump head.first into my panic today and.face.the shady lady known as anxiety today. I got.in my car drove around town went into a store asked a stupid question on purpose and left. Then drove some more and went to my trigger zones in town and faced them all. I shook the entire time but towards then end on my adventure I calmed down and found myself singing to my favorite song and crying because I did it after months of being home bound. Please take it on head first forget judgement of others and love yourself and then you'll find a truest love like no other. A love that will not judge and a love that will stand behind you and face those demons with a heart of gold. A love you deserve! I know I'm just some anonymous person on the internet but I wish you love and happiness.

I love you're ability to get out and go after the fear - you chased the fear and you didn't let it chase you. I have the desire to get out where there was no desire before... baby steps. I'll get there.
Thanks doll for the encouragement!
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Offline LeftBehind

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:11 AM »
Hey Rhiannon,
Thanks for the message and response.
For me, when I am with new people or any people for that matter, I find it easier, more calming for me to do the talking. If I focus on the words I am saying rather than the other person, I am more at ease. In person, I appear to be quite easy-going; I have a good sense of humor and I'm really good at making people laugh. If I'm the one controlling the conversation I am more at ease - even though sometimes I do say stupid things it's just another pause for giggles.
I wanna get to the point where  I can even hang out with friends again... never-mind the pressure of impressing a first date or whatever.
I know I'll get to that point because I never had the desire for socializing or dating or any of that before and I know that once I get the desire to do things, I become obsessive about it until I reach my goal... maybe not obsessive but you get the point, haha.

Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging on this post - you can't know how much I appreciate your opinions and advice.
xo's =)
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Offline unknownartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
Well, if you didn't put this out here, I would have. In addition to the same problems that you have, I shake  (out of nervousness) a little bit and sweating like take a shower every other second. Ow I forget the biggest one, always direct my meetings with girls to friendship zone (I think 'cause of scared of denial and loss of confidence, whatsoever) .. and it hurts so much that you are their friend who is by far the second best there for them while it seems that you are the only one who doesn't have that special one for you. To make things worse, I am very desperate on my situation and looking for something special to happen 24/7, which is not helping the case. Still to make thing worse, there is no tradition of a blind date (even date?) where I live. Screwed, right? You expected answers, but how about that? More problems.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything