Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Either ready to go OR ready to heal {Brain Tumor Worries}  (Read 210 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Either ready to go OR ready to heal {Brain Tumor Worries}
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
I don't know how much more I can take. Every day is a battle of worrying/wondering if I actually have a brain tumor or not! It's making me go crazy and I can't really afford to go crazy! I'm a 21 year old female who's in college and when on summer break I work with kids. I don't want to scare the kids I work with or make them start questioning symptoms either. I guess I just either want this done and over with or I want to heal. Right now I want to heal. I told my parents last night that I'm ready to go see a counselor. I guess before I go on I should post my symptoms:
ringing in ears
•hand weakness
•tingling in limbs/twitches
•cloudy vision (more recently....like especially TODAY....it has been blurry...even with my new prescription!)
•headaches (mostly pressure, but sometimes pain, in a localized spot)
•having a difficult time remembering things(kind of)
•hand feels hot
•mumbling over my words

Freaky, right? I know. I live with it. I was actually starting to feel a little better about things. Most things were going away....but then my aunt stepped in and told me the worst thing someone could tell me. As I stated it in a previous post of mine:

"And my aunt freaked me out the other day and told me I should go get an MRI because I told her I have headaches and some problems with my vision and she said she knew a guy who had headaches and blurry vision and he went to the doctor and they found a tumor the size of a tennis ball! Totally freaked me out and I started bawling right in front of her! Ever since, I haven't been able to shake that terrible bug that I really do have one myself!"

Thankfully I have had the member sixpack to cheer me on and help me get over fears but when I woke up this morning and my right eye was blurry, I lost it again and this time I'm not sure I can get it back. I'm ready to go to counseling but I won't be able to make an appointment for a while. I need some advice....FAST! Like ASAP! I'm freaking out and I can barely live life. I'm just going through the motions I remember. Please help me, I want to heal! If I really do have a bt, which of course I think I do, then I guess I'll just go and die but if I don't, and I really REALLY pray I don't, then I want to heal and get my life back! Thank you in advance!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Either ready to go OR ready to heal {Brain Tumor Worries}
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »
I forgot 2 of my symptoms:
*Major pressure in right ear
*Toothache/pressure in right side of mouth

Obviously, all of my symprtoms are on the right side of my body so I'm guessing.....brain tumor on the left side of my brain???  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!! I just googled, which I haven't done in forever and I was reading one doctor's response and he said that this could be a brain infection because of the vision problems!!!!! HELP!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
True, sixpack can do it as few of us can, as only some of us can try. Anxiety will come up with all sorts of symptoms. But you can decide to move ahead with your life. A counselor will help. CBT can help. ACT can help. Exercise can help. Meditation can help.

A brain tumor is about as likely as an asteroid smacking into earth. Or being struck by lightning. Or a tornado. Or an earthquake. Seize the moment. That, in fact, is all anyone of us ever has. Start by having a nice cup of tea and thinking what you will do today. Definitely exclude Google.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
Can you go to a doctor so you can have to peace of mind? many of us have gone thru the brain tumor scare. I was one of them back in december... I had pretty much all the symptoms in your list. I got an MRI my brain was perfect and I have moved on to other diseases... not funny though. I started taking lexapro 2 weeks ago. I need help.

I started with HA at about your age, maybe younger. I am 37 now and I still have HA. Please don't waste your precious young years worrying about diseases. Just go to the doctor for your own sake and move on. Enjoy life! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »
Well I did go to my normal doctor and all she did was check my eyes and told me I didn't have one and I got blood work done and she said there was no cancer and nothing to worry about there but since it wasn't an MRI I still don't believer her.

I then went to the eye doctor because my vision was acting up and he said he didn't see anything that would make him worry or even think about a bt and I got a new prescription which I just started wearing yesterday. Therefore, I've gone to two doctors and neither of them have given me complete peace of mind.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
Well I did go to my normal doctor and all she did was check my eyes and told me I didn't have one and I got blood work done and she said there was no cancer and nothing to worry about there but since it wasn't an MRI I still don't believer her.

I then went to the eye doctor because my vision was acting up and he said he didn't see anything that would make him worry or even think about a bt and I got a new prescription which I just started wearing yesterday. Therefore, I've gone to two doctors and neither of them have given me complete peace of mind.  :sick0002:

a ha person will never  have complete peace of mind by going to doctors or medical testing.  Like countless of others before you and countless other members have found out....... 

reassurance med tests do NOT fix what is ailing you.  you are seeking a quick fix.  and ha/anxiety is not solved that way.

as you know you and I have talked about all of this.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: