Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dark dry spot on skin  (Read 141 times)

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dark dry spot on skin
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »
So, about a month ago, I noticed this dry, dark patch of skin near the top of the my foot, near my ankle. It almost looks like a bruise, and I have no idea how long it was there prior to when I first noticed it because it is kinda in a hard area to see immediately. So, last night, I looked down and happened to notice it is still there.

I did google it slightly, and it did not seem to too concerned based on what I read, but I stopped googling because I just knew I was going to come across something that said I had something awful.

Has anyone gotten this? Is this normal to get as you get older or just normal in general? The spot is maybe a 1/2 inch in diameter? Never had this before.

I am thinking it is probably something not to be too worried about, but my dang anxiety is nagging me to check it out more.

Thanks guys and have a nice weekend!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dark dry spot on skin
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »
i noticed my first dark spot on my leg when I was pregnant with my son.  I was 31.    low these many years later and I have a bunch more.  from your description sounds like age spots.  *sigh*  I know sucks.   >:(
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dark dry spot on skin
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »
Thanks for the response. Hmmm.. yeah, I am in my mid-thirties and all of these "awesome" changes are starting to happen and I feel like I have something new every day!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: