Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Insomnia... what should I do?!  (Read 79 times)

Offline hiswaywardgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Insomnia... what should I do?!
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »
OK, I'm having really bad insomnia... I've been up for almost 24 hours, and I only got maybe 5 hours of sleep every day since Tuesday. Yesterday I was SO tired and sluggish all day, and I've been trying to take naps in the daytime, but I just wind up lying there and nothing happens.

I've tried everything I can think of... relaxing before bed, doing yoga, reading, listening to ASMR videos (lol), quiet music... it's not working at all!!

I'm really desperate for advice or any input!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hopeful77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Insomnia... what should I do?!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »
I know how frustrating it can be not to sleep.  I don't have this problem too often.  When I do I try not to worry about not sleeping.  I figure I am at least getting some rest lying in bed even if I don't sleep.  My husband has this trouble more often.  Melatonin seems to help him.  It helps him fall asleep, but not stay asleep.  When I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about something over and over, I have learned a new trick.  I play scattergories in my head.  If you don't know the game, you pick a topic, like things you can find in a fridge, then you start thinking of things thru the alphabet like applesauce, bread, cheese, etc.  Doing this keeps me from thinking about what I was obsessing over and I often drift off while playing.  If I have to get a good night sleep, I have resorted to NyQuil, but I try not to do that often.  I hope you can get some sleep soon.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: