Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Period Sickness??  (Read 124 times)

Offline redcoat13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Period Sickness??
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been really anxious today bc I just started my period this morning. I thought it was no big deal when the cramps came in, but they've been so bad. My stomach has also been hurting and last night I had a huge headache. I also feel really lightheaded. I'm scared something could be wrong. I feel so sick and horrible. I took a pill for the cramps and it worked for about an hour but then came back. This has never happened to me on my period. Is this normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Period Sickness??
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:53:35 PM »
Depending on how heavy, yes, I've had kind of a heavy one this week (sorry for TMI) I have had a very poor appetite, and have felt quite restless and agitated, as well as depressed.

I think it's not good to have a heavy one and lose a lot of blood, so I would eat well, drink lots of water, find some type of source of iron (I don't really know what, been wondering what I can do myself).

If it does happen you feel light headed, lay down for a while, take a nap if you're able to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hiswaywardgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
That's fairly normal. It sounds like the periods I used to get... I think they can change depending on your hormones and stress levels throughout the month.
Bookmark and Share

Offline new_mommy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »
Have you had your iron levels checked? After I had my son my iron was rock bottom and my periods were heavy and painful for months (when they returned).

Heavy painful periods can be a sign of low iron which is VERY common in woman. I'd ask your doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
My periods change from month to month. I'll have some that dont affect me and others I can't even get out of bed. This is very common. I also know that most women will have 1 period a year that is the worst. It's like a cleansing of the body so to say.  Drink plenty of water. Get your 3 glasses of milk each day and remember to try to get as much sleep at night as you can. And no matter how upset your stomach is you need to eat even if its a little. The head aches are usually from low hormones. Just remember to calm down and look at the amount of blood and make sure its your average. That usually calms me down. ( sorry guys if.that was tmi )
Bookmark and Share

Tags: