Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New member-desperate for support-finger twitching  (Read 166 times)

Offline Acadlady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New member-desperate for support-finger twitching
« on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:30 PM »
I'm brand new poster here, have lurked for a few days. My health anxiety flares up every few months, was diagnosed 3 yrs ago. 3 wks ago I got a stomach bug. While lying on the couch recuperating, I noticed my pinky finger twitched. Of course I googled it and what do you know-Parkinson's. 90% of the results said Parkinson's. I lost my mind, almost inconsolable. I have a one year old daughter and was /am devastated. Went to my dr. He gave me clean bill of health and insisted I was fine. All I can think of is Michael j fox. And that somehow my dr is wrong. Since then it's happened a couple times and another finger twitched. Also have had dizziness, shaking, pacing, hand tremors....I tell myself it's all my mind tricking me but I can't get over the idea that it's really P. And sometimes at night my hand twitches now or in the early morning. I can barely function I'm so afraid. It's debilitating and I don't want to leave my house. I pace around the house bending my fingers. This is horrible. Can anyone relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member-desperate for support-finger twitching
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
Well, you know you have health anxiety.  How have you been successful in controlling it in the past?

Stuff twitches sometimes.  That's just life.  >99% of the time it's literally nothing. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »
You don't have PD.

Stop googling. If something really concerns you, ask your GP then get a referral if necessary.

Do not. Google.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Egg

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
My HA started with this symptom. It can be very disturbing to see your finger(s) twitch and move - I know firsthand (no pun intended!).

I truly let my associated fears ruin an entire year of my life. My associated anxiety grew, and caused more symptoms, and those generated even more fears -- It was a terrible cycle. And yet I am fine! Totally healthy except for, of course, ANXIETY.

Please don't do that to yourself! Just let it go. Don't look for other possible underlying causes ... Don't self-examine ... Don't google (for the love of God!). Just let it go.

It truly is extremely likely to be absolutely nothing - in fact, even it is probably a symptom of your anxiety (even if underlying and not perceived directly).

It can be hard to have small children. It is a lot of responsibility and can stir up all kinds of fears in us - fears we might not even have realized we have. Be kind to yourself, take care of yourself alongside your care for your family, get out of the house so you realize that life still goes on despite your fears, and -- treat your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
My HA started with this symptom. It can be very disturbing to see your finger(s) twitch and move - I know firsthand (no pun intended!).

I truly let my associated fears ruin an entire year of my life. My associated anxiety grew, and caused more symptoms, and those generated even more fears -- It was a terrible cycle. And yet I am fine! Totally healthy except for, of course, ANXIETY.

Please don't do that to yourself! Just let it go. Don't look for other possible underlying causes ... Don't self-examine ... Don't google (for the love of God!). Just let it go.

It truly is extremely likely to be absolutely nothing - in fact, even it is probably a symptom of your anxiety (even if underlying and not perceived directly).

It can be hard to have small children. It is a lot of responsibility and can stir up all kinds of fears in us - fears we might not even have realized we have. Be kind to yourself, take care of yourself alongside your care for your family, get out of the house so you realize that life still goes on despite your fears, and -- treat your anxiety.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: