Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: All shaky, weak, pressure, and freaking out!  (Read 145 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
All shaky, weak, pressure, and freaking out!
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
A couple days ago I was getting over my fear of a brain tumor and I started to because I got sick with a cold and fever. Well today I'm better but my brain tumor fear is back. I literally feel shaky all over, my legs feel so heavy and that they're not going to hold me up, my head (only in the right corner),my eye, my ear, and my neck all have so much pressure. It got so bad that I took an ibuprofen. Also, my right eye is having a rough time focusing. I'm freaking out....again! Help! I'm about to go to work and I'm on my feet the whole time which is making me more nervous!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: All shaky, weak, pressure, and freaking out!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
I hate when our anxious thinking and fight/flight muck us around like that.  actually going to work will be the best thing for you.  It will keep your mind occupied------- just don't cheat and monitor how you are feeling all of the time.  that will only keep the physical reaction more intense.   :yes:   

I had a bugger of a headache yesterday.  I got up at 3am and finally took 3 advil.  amazingly the headache went away.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:55 PM »
That's the thing though- mine is everyday...in the same area! And my aunt freaked me out the other day and told me I should go get an MRI because I told her I have headaches and some problems with my vision and she said she knew a guy who had headaches and blurry vision and he went to the doctor and they found a tumor the size of a tennis ball! Totally freaked me out and I started bawling right in front of her! Ever since, I haven't been able to shake that terrible bug that I really do have or myself! My headaches are terrible but they're still there and yes, my vision is wacky but not blurry. I just can't shake the fear though! Help me sixpack! You know what a mess I am!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »
yep you are off your cork all right  :sign0169:   :winking0008:

you are predisposed to having things freak you out because you are in the fear cycle. 

again your symptoms aren't like anybody I' have known.  when I am stressed/anxious i get headaches daily that don't go away with pills EVER.

it is unfortunate that your aunt told you that.  sometimes people don't see/know what they are saying.  sorta foot in mouth disease.

i guarantee if you have an MRI, it will not solve your anxiety disorder.  the mri may or may not even alleviate your current fear of brain tumor.  even if you no longer 'have' a tumor, your fears will just shift somewhere else.  cuz that is the nature of the disorder--plain and simple
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
I'm just really freaking out today because of my eye. It's acting weird like it can't focus or wverything cloudy. I just got a new prescription yesterday but I don't think that would change it. It's almost like it just wants to go blind or something. Also, my teeth have pressure in them- only on the right side! Is that weird or what?!? If this really is anxiety then it's taking over the whole right side of my body- which makes me think it's something more   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 05:02:19 PM »
most of my miserable headaches are on my right side of my face... they will go behind eye (make vision weird), down my right ear... ear all plugged with pressure, down my jaw.... shooting/shocking/burning pain.  teeth, obviously hurt...  I could hardly open my mouth.  I remember talking to my bro in law about them once--he is a psychologist who specializes with patients with chronic pain.  he told  me that was classic trigeminal migraines.   last time I had one to that extent was 3yrs ago.  I had some leftover muscle relaxants from hamstring injury and took one.  Wow that was a lifesaver pill.  I had those whenever my stress or anxiety were really bad.  I haven't had one like that since.  However I still get a lot of headaches when stressy.  they typically do the behind the eye down to ear.  18 months ago I had them daily, to varying degree of severity, for several weeks. advil does nothing for those.  had to laugh at myself.  I was volunteering at a dog rescue and was walking dogs for a couple of hours, completely immersed in it. at the end got in the car and noticed, "hey, i don't have a headache anymore!"  by the time I got back home, it was back.  pfft and me monitoring how I felt made the damned headache come back. 

bottom line anxiety and stress does these things to you.   while i know you are wiggy, in order to get to feeling better, you are going to have to make a decision........  do the same ole same ole and  keep yourself freaky,  OR start working on the stress and anxiety.   YOU are the one who fixes this. and it takes a lot of leaps of faith and stick withedness to get to a better place.

how?   well man I've had diarrhea of the keyboard lately.  my suggestions are on several posts here the last few days.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: