Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Visible veins in Hands and Feet  (Read 122 times)

Offline vanadio

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Visible veins in Hands and Feet
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
Hi, i've been worried about this for a month... Does anybody here have big visible veins in hands and feet?

I keep convincing myself that this is a symptom of some deadly disease :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Visible veins in Hands and Feet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
Yes and I am a woman so it did scare me also but I noticed when I am having more anxiety the veins show up in my arms, and hands also yes my feet it can also happen after a warm shower or warm weather but I also noticed it in the cold weather.

They get really dark blue and stick up and I can see them running through my skin on my chest also but usually once I calm my heart rate down they get smaller and smaller . My veins are very thin and roll when they try and draw blood so it really seemed crazy that they stick up so high and are blue. 
Just try and not notice them that is what I do and then they are gone but if I focus on them and keep my anxiety going they will stay around longer.
Has to do with the chemicals released in us with anxiety and panic disorders I believe but I so see them raise up on my husbands arms also at different times so nothing serious I wouldn't think .

Take care and always get checked out by a doctor when in doubt but like I said I get them also and so do many others.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »
yes.  it doesn't mean anything sinister at all.  it happens to everybody---anxiety or not. 

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »
I get them on my arms. big obvious ones you can see through my arm hair, and the layout is really detaield on the undersides of my upper arms. It goes to my hands too, but not as much as the arms. Ive noticed it happens more after exercise or playing a game  on MY PSP for way too long without a break.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you had some other significant symptom that might be troublesome.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: