Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 96 times)

Online forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
what do you think
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:25:05 AM »
I am not good at putting my thoughts into words so bare with me. I went off Prozac last April and yes I tapered off. Yes now I see it was stupid as I am in a bad place right now. After 2 months and mind you I was very stable no anxiety at all I had been stable for years. I had the weirdest spell it is hard to describe it was like it started in my head and went all over me I felt weak and it took hrs to go away. I started having these once a week then every day. One day I went to the ER I thought I was dying. They did an ekg and blood work and didn't find anything but low potassium levels which was not real severe. I told her I had gone off my medicine and had anxiety so she said you need to get back on it. I really didn't want to but after a month I tried to get back on Prozac. After 3 wks and getting to 20 mgs I had the worst insomnia I have ever had lay awake all night still not sleepy the next day. I finally switched to celexa and went to 20 mgs the weak spells got less and were not as severe and after 6 wks started sleeping but after being on this for 8 months I started have severe weak spells again I feel this med has not fully helped me and I didn' t want to go up to 40 as I am older and afraid of the heart thing with it. I have switched to Zoloft and just got to 75 mgs Tues. yesterday I had a bad spell. my arms and legs felt weak heavy. I feel tight in my chest and this scares me but I have been to cardio dr and had ekg  echo of the heart. I have seen 3 pdr and maybe 3 regular mds. none of them know what is causing this. I have had blood work testing for thyroid, b12, vitamin d. It was low but just a little. Can this be anxiety related? can you have physical symptoms with out the anxiety first?  It has now caused anxiety and I think about it a lot which I think may bring on the symptoms. the funny thing day before yesterday I felt great my mind felt like it used to free. I was hopeful that I was going to get better and the Zoloft is going to work. I know I am probably not even at a high enough dose. I am going toward 100 mgs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline musicgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what do you think
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
Hi, I'm very new to having anxiety and being on meds (two weeks yesterday on Zoloft) but I can tell you that the anxiety symptoms DO happen without a full on attack. Since I started Zoloft I have felt better....not getting the weird feelings anymore, like the weird feeling in my head or extreme weak spells (thank God!)....but I do feel like I'd rather do nothing but lay down all day. And when I get an ache or something, my mind starts thinking about it too much. I'm at 100 mgs of Zoloft after just two weeks as the directions from my doctor were to increase my dose every four days starting at 25 mgs. Tomorrow will be the first day at 125. Everyone tells me I just have to be patient with getting back to normal, as well as with everything currently going on in my life (which caused the stress and anxiety in the first place).

I had bloodwork and urine done at the end of May and it all came back fine. I thought for sure my thyroid or B12 was low or something, but it wasn't. I have since developed a urinary tract infection so I'm on a med for that too but it's only 5 days. I made sure to ask my doctor if something would have shown up in the bloodwork if I had something wrong with me and he assured me it would...something would have been off. What I felt was ALL a result of my anxiety. I know this because the very weird symptoms have since gone away. I know I will be back to normal again but I have to be patient and stop overthinking things. Easier said than done, I know. Hang in there....you're not alone :)
Bookmark and Share

Online forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what do you think
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »
thanks musicgirl for your reply. so you have gotten the weak spells too with out anxiety first?  I don't see how you have gone up so fast. I need to as I think the 100 mgs for sure I will need if not more.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: