Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Front of thigh sore upon waking  (Read 175 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Front of thigh sore upon waking
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »
Any ideas what this could be?

I didn't do any sort of exercise yesterday or anything to strain my leg.  However, I woke up this morning and the front of my thigh is VERY sore.  It feels muscular to me because each time I move it or go up and down the stairs, it lets me know how sore it is.  It feels like I did lunges with that leg or something but I didn't.

What could this be?  You know I get very nervous with any sort of leg pain. I immediately start to think blood clot. 

As I'm sitting, it also aches and I do have a slight pain in my buttock on that same side. 

Just trying to figure out how I could have such pain in my leg when I've done nothing to it.

I would appreciate any ideas to help ease my mind. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Front of thigh sore upon waking
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »
First, stop and think of anything you may have done yesterday.  Maybe walk up some stairs, sitting a certain way.  Also, you may not feel tense, but your muscles still may be.  I often catch myself w/ tense shoulders, tense back, etc.  It's not unusual for me to be sore after hours of tension.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Thanks, Doug.

I've been trying to think all morning and honestly, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.  I have been sitting much more lately.  I know yesterday I really was sitting a lot.  Not sure if that would do it. 

It really hurts to try to raise up my leg when sitting or when I walk.  So strange. 

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline doug65

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »
Sitting and being tense can do it.  Maybe take some ibuprofen to see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

It's one of those things where I just know it's muscular, but my mind is running wild.

Thank you for responding so quickly. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »
Okay, I'm still baffled by this.

It's late afternoon here and my thigh is still SUPER sore.  I took an Aleve and it seems less sore to walk around on, however, it is so sore to touch.  The whole thigh muscle from the top of my knee to my torso is so sore to touch.  What the heck could have happened in my sleep?

I know for a fact I did NOTHING strenuous yesterday at all.  I just don't see how I could wake up with such a painful thigh.  It's as if I did lunges all day or something. 

Any thoughts?  I keep worrying about blood clots but yet it's definitely a muscular type of pain.  I don't know what to think but I can't stop worrying about it.  I guess because every time I move it screams at me. 

Anyone ever had this? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 07:25:32 AM »
How is your thigh today? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:42:02 AM »
i get stuff like muscle pain when I can find no reason sometimes too.   Just because an oddity occurs in the body doesn't mean there is something sinister behind it.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »

It's still sore today but a little better.  It really hurts when I go up and down the stairs or bend it.  When I push on it, it's sore, too, just like a sore muscle.

On that same side, I feel achiness in my butt and lower back when I sit.  Plus, periodic pain in my lower abdomen on that side, too. 

I'm trying not to think about it.   Key word "trying". :)

I appreciate you asking.   Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »
REALLY this isn't a big deal.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
Thank you, sixpack.  I'm trying to ignore and enjoy my day. 

I appreciate your help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: