Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft Success Stories Please  (Read 298 times)

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft Success Stories Please
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
Never been on an ssri or any other psych med. I have recently had extremely HA along with PA's. My Dr just prescribed Zoloft. I'm aware of the sexual side affects but besides that has anyone done well with this medication? Should I try just CBT only first? The councilor I'm seeing (just 2 times so far) is recommending ssri and CBT. I've been dealing with this for about 8 weeks now. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft Success Stories Please
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
Hi Joe,

I started zoloft in October of 2013. I had HA with my daughter and ocd/anxiety/depression. Within 2 weeks of the starting dose, I felt substantially better. I know thats not a typical time frame. Usually it takes about 4-6 weeks to feel effects but for me the med worked really well and fast. The side effect I had first starting was nausea, but that lasted only 2 weeks and then went away. Good luck and stick with it and give it time, it can be very helpful!
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
Thank you - Let me ask, do you think you will eventually come off it? Just wondering. My Dr said he'd like me to stay on it for 1 year and then maybe try coming off it.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »
I am on Zoloft 125 mg. I started taking it in January. It has changed my life for the better. My anxiety was so terrible before.

I had loss of appetite, really bad insomnia, and some headaches when I first started, but they went away after a few weeks. I noticed a dramatic change in my anxiety probably 8 weeks into my sertraline treatment. Hang in there. It really works well if you give it time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
9 weeks on lexapro and now on my 9th week of zoloft.  I had to stop the lexapro due to headaches.  Do I have better days then when I started ABSOLUTELY.  I was in the pits of hell.  Do I remember that pit and fear going back when I get a symptom now.  ABSOLUTELY, but I think they're helping and getting better with time.  I feel like I'm coming out of a setback right now.  I had 2 really good weeks then 1 crummy one and now the past 2 days have been pretty good. 

I hear things just get better the longer you're on the med.  My Dr has ramped me up really slow.  I'm only up to 62.5 mg and I only left 50 mg 5 days ago.  So, am I cured, no.  Am I feeling better on the zoloft then I did before?  ABSOLUTELY.  Hopefully this just continues...

Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
Hey Comoso - that's great to hear. I think you are right it will get better and better as your dosage increases. I don't know why but my doctor started me on 50 milligrams.I think most people start on 12 and a half or 25mg. I've been going to the guy for 30 years almost so he knows me really well. how was it initially in the beginning when you started? Thanks again for the great info I really appreciate it. Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
Everyones different, but I got pretty nauseous and had quite a bit of diarrhea when I started out.  That probably only lasted a couple of weeks.  I was still getting headaches, but I think that was titrating off the lexapro because now that lexapro is out of my system I haven't had bad headaches in weeks.  I do have ear ringing, but that could be the klonopin.  The amazing part is when I feel good like now, I don't even care if they're ringing, its just there...  I have a thread that pretty much documents a lot of my startup of both if you want to take a look.  It's not pretty at places, but I'm standing on this side and it's way better.  I just hope this feeling holds.  I just left WalMart and was there for about an hour.  That would have put me in a huge panic only weeks ago.  Today I was relaxed and calm.  Please, Please, Please let there be no more setbacks...lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »
Thanks - Believe it or not my Dr has been on ssri's for 14 years. He told me he has never been happier at home or in his job.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
Believe it or not my Dr has been on ssri's for 14 years.

A lot of doctors and nurses are on antidepressants, particularly those working in hospitals. A far higher percentage than in the general population.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
Hi Ian - Not surprised at that. My wife's a respiratory therapist and they do see a lot of death and tragedy. But they also see a lot of success stories too. So it's not all bad. But there is quite a bit of burn out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »
Hi Joe,

I started zoloft in October of 2013. I had HA with my daughter and ocd/anxiety/depression. Within 2 weeks of the starting dose, I felt substantially better. I know thats not a typical time frame. Usually it takes about 4-6 weeks to feel effects but for me the med worked really well and fast. The side effect I had first starting was nausea, but that lasted only 2 weeks and then went away. Good luck and stick with it and give it time, it can be very helpful!

Hi Brooke-Ashley - Just wondering at what dose did you start feeling better and what dose are you currently on?
Thanks
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Tags: